I believe I have a heat issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a new computer less than a month ago and I have been experiencing problems while playing games the last week or so.

I have updated all my drivers, NVIDIA driver, screen driver, windows completely updated! So I believe that that is not my issue.

It is only when I run computer games that the games freeze up.
The game simple stops and sound disappears, and the only thing I can do is press the reset button.

The games I play is Warhammer Online and Half Life 2...

I used the freeware program PC Wizard 2008 and it gives me the following temperatures:

Processor Temperature: 53 C
Mainboard Temperature: 41 C
ACPI Thermal Zone: 40 C
Processor Temperature (Core1) : 57 C
Processor Temperature (Core2) : 57 C
Processor Temperature (Core3) : 51 C
Processor Temperature (Core4) : 51 C
GPU Temperature (video monitoring - I guess this means Graphics Card) : 77 C

I don't know if heating is the issue but these are the degrees when I am NOT playing, and they gain in temperature when I play these demanding games.

I hope someone here might give me some good advice on what to do and if it is a heating problem, how can I then put in a new fan/cooler or whatever I might need. Because I checked out new fans on internet shops and I saw that they could be fitted into specifik "SOCKETS".... how does that work?

Sorry if these questions might seem very "stupid" but my experience with hardware in computer and the likes (even software) is minimal.

Thank you!

PS: I don't know if it makes a difference but this seems a bit odd:

Processor Fan: 1906 rpm
Chassis Fan: 10 rpm
Power/Aux Fan: 10 rpm
FAN3: 10 rpm
FAN4: 10 rpm

If you need more info on my computer just make a reply here...

I agree that if your computer is new, its better for you to get help via warranty.

Also, it does sound like a heat issue, but fixing it yourself may cause more trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back