I came here to make a difference

holdum323

Hi! I came to TS hopefully to make a difference two month ago. The difference I wanted to make, was the issues being caused with the W10 free upgrade. I have tried my best to behave, and I mostly reply to Windows10 issues. I realize that this is not this forums main objective, but it's the reason why I wanted to get involved here, and hopefully make a difference on TS. I also realize that there are some big time W10 haters here; and they probably have some good reasons . The upgrade has not been without major problems. This has been the history of Windows upgrades.
Here's a great article I hope all members and visitors will read. I fully believe that a clean install of windows is the very best way to get the best install of windows.
Please move this thread or delete if inappropriate. Also I would love to here your comments. Hopefully I will make a good hand here on TS some day. I'll always give you my best shot!;)
See what you think of this article. https://pureinfotech.com/clean-install-vs-upgrade-windows-10/

Hi The above is one of the best articles about the W10 upgrade that I have ever read. I hope you read it. I await your comments.
I'm thinking that MS is trying very hard to make W10 the best OS ever built. I believe that they "Will -get-er-done"
It may take awhile.:D

You do notice this article is over a year old because it is referring to Anniversary Update which was August of 2016 as the newest and since that time we now refer to these "updates" as "builds". Nevertheless this is the second time I have read here about doing clean install rather than update referring to Windows 10 "builds" referring to the Windows 10 update process and it is an interesting novel or unique thought I think. Complaints I am hearing is that these "builds" return the OS to "new" state requiring many settings changed for user preference to be done all over again and I hear more about that annoying people than actual issues with the "builds". I am not sure if I would ever do these builds all the time as clean install simply because I am not seeing the issues myself from upgrading Windows 10 itself that I saw updating Windows t or 8 to Windows 10 which was in most cases a nightmare.

Hi @Rich M . You may not be seeing any issues, because the PC's you are seeing aren't full of bloatware. I really believe that users with well maintained PC's don't have problems with the updates. Yes they are called builds, but people see them as updates. I realize that the article is a year old. I'll see if I can find a newer one. While I was on another forum. The techs that knew what was going on always recommended a clean install. I never saw anyone have issues after a clean install. Here's a thread I created here on TS. It's on Google search. If you type (Windows 10 Oct 17 update TS) in Google, it will take you to my thread on TS.;) I have a lot of TS threads you can find on Google.
https://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-10-oct-17-update.241657/

Last edited:
Hi @Rich M . You may not be seeing any issues, because the PC's you are seeing aren't full of bloatware. I really believe that users with well maintained PC's don't have problems with the updates. Yes they are called builds, but people see them as updates. I realize that the article is a year old. I'll see if I can find a newer one. While I was on another forum. The techs that knew what was going on always recommended a clean install. I never saw anyone have issues after a clean install. Here's a thread I created here on TS. It's on Google search. If you type (Windows 10 Oct 17 update TS) in Google, it will take you to my thread on TS.;) I have a lot of TS threads you can find on Google.
https://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-10-oct-17-update.241657/
One can find alot of TS threads by searching the topic name.

Back