I cannot boot the computer -- can't even get see BIOS

Hi Guys
Here is my story my friend brought me a laptop that is completely shut down and he told me to fix it. I asked what is the problem and he said I don't some one gave it to me and I don't know what caused the problem. when Looked the laptop I tried turning on but nothing showed up on the screen I plugged the power charger waiting for few minutes I turn on still nothing show up but this time the screen become white for like 2 seconds and then goes back to black. I thought the system is not getting enought electricity. my question here is what are things do you think might cause the system not to boot please list a whole punch problem that might cause the system not to boot. and I will go one by one and see if I can figure out. here is the laptop information
Toshiba Satellite-L455-S5975
there is windows 7 on it I believe because I see win 7 sticker on the laptop.

I would suggest testing the mains charger first, if you have access to a multimeter, set it to the 20 volt range and see if the voltage is what it should be.
If that's okay, then it might be time to open up and check connections.

Perhaps a failure due to inadequate cooling... It may require a new motherboard to enable you to repair it. Failures of laptops seem to be skyrocketing...

Try connecting an external monitor to the laptop. If the external monitor does the same thing as the built-in display, the video chip on the motherboard is bad, and the motherboard will have to be replaced

Back