I cannot copy or cut any file

Status
Not open for further replies.
i cannot copy or cut any file or folder and not even text. any tips on how to fix this?

every time i select a file and click on cut, the icon goes opaque and then normal and the paste button on the right click menu is not active...

when i noticed this problem, i turned the computer off and then on again and the problem was gone. later, i turned the computer off coz i had to leave the house and now that i turned it on again, the problem is back.

i don't know if this is useful but from what i read from other threads, i did install some programs but they did not work.

i tried to install the installer of flv player and torrant downloader but they didn't work so i deleted them... other than that, i did not install anything else in case installing is the problem

any tips please

i tried to install the installer of flv player and torrant downloader but they didn't work so i deleted them... other than that, i did not install anything else in case installing is the problem

You are going to have malware. Please follow the steps on this Virus and Malware Removal thread HERE

When finished, attach all three logs. Do not attempt to use any P2P site if you want to try and clean the system. Don't do any downloads, install or uninstalls unless directed to do so by the helper who will review the logs.

few questions:

is windows firewall enough?if yes, are there any programs and services which i should uncheck from the exceptions tab?

I unchecked:

File and Printer Sharing
Remote Assistance
Remote Desktop

But it all comes down to your browsing habits on the Internet
If you do online banking, or File Share or go to less than favorable web sites, then possibly a 3rd party firewall would be required

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back