I Can't install or update Graphic driver on PC's running windows 8.1

ducbao113

Please to help!
I don't understand why I can't install or update Graphic driver on PC's running windows 8.1 ( Dell Vostro 3670) . Anyone at here tell me why?

Thank you so much!

1589768147996.png

Dell themselves have stopped providing updates for anything over than Windows 10 for that particular model. But you can get drivers directly from the hardware manufacturer - start with Intel:

If there are still problems, then you need another driver from Nvidia:

If your PC only has the integrated Intel graphics processor, then the generic 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' is the only one available for Windows 8.1, as Intel has stopped updating drivers for their newer processors (they're only doing it for Windows 10 now).

You could try to see if there is a more up-to-date drivers, by right-clicking on 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' in Device Manager, and selecting 'Update Driver' - choose the automatic search option.

But I suspect that you're just going to be stuck with the generic driver. Not that this is necessarily a bad thing: unless you're running into problems involving the display or graphics, then the driver you have installed will be perfectly fine.

If your PC only has the integrated Intel graphics processor, then the generic 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' is the only one available for Windows 8.1, as Intel has stopped updating drivers for their newer processors (they're only doing it for Windows 10 now).

You could try to see if there is a more up-to-date drivers, by right-clicking on 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' in Device Manager, and selecting 'Update Driver' - choose the automatic search option.

But I suspect that you're just going to be stuck with the generic driver. Not that this is necessarily a bad thing: unless you're running into problems involving the display or graphics, then the driver you have installed will be perfectly fine.
So do you mean it will can install on windows 10?

What I mean is that Intel have stopped making new, specific drivers (for their graphics processors) for PCs using Windows 8.1 - they are making new ones, quite regularly, but only for Windows 10.

Dell have stopped providing updates for anything over than Windows 10 for that particular model. But you can get drivers directly from the hardware manufacturer I suggest you start with Intel

Follow the below methods to update Graphic driver on PC's running Windows 8.1

Method 1: Download and install drivers through Windows Updates.
Method 2: Run the Intel Driver Update Utility to find the suitable driver for your computer.
Method 3: Download graphics driver for Windows 8 and install it in compatibility with Windows 8.1

Back