I can't uninstall AVG 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimtiu

My AVG 8 free had some bugs so I had to uninstall it. However, I encounter a problem which says it failed to uninstall. Can I identify it?

I think so. I need to replace it because some malware or so hijacked AVG.

I need to follow the preliminary removal instructions about malware as well.

i don't know why but i've seen a larger number of people reporting similiar install/uninstall problems with AVG within our board [thread]107264[/thread] and many others. It's not clear what the AVG problem source is yet but strongly advise you do a full backup of your hard drive with a disk image oriented product like True Image Home. While trying to fix the registry, u also run a large risk of screwing up the registry.

Here is to blame why I cannot uninstall AVG 8.

Local machine: prepared for the installation
Initialization:
Warning: Checking of state of the item directory scanlogs failed.
Error 0x80070570 %PATH% = "Èëocuments and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg8\scanlogs"
Warning: Checking of state of the item directory update failed.
Error 0x80070570 %PATH% = "Èëocuments and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg8\update"
Warning: Checking of state of the item directory download failed.
Error 0x80070570 %PATH% = "Èëocuments and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg8\update\download"
Warning: Checking of state of the item directory emc failed.
Error 0x80070570 %PATH% = "Æocuments and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg8\emc"
Warning: Checking of state of the item directory AvgAm failed.
Error 0x80070570 %PATH% = "ðÅocuments and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg8\AvgAm"
Warning: Checking of state of the item directory admincli failed.
Error 0x80070570 %PATH% = "Èëocuments and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg8\admincli"
Warning: Checking of state of the item directory Antispam failed.
Error 0x80070570 %PATH% = "Èëocuments and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg8\Antispam"
Warning: Checking of state of the item file spamcatcher.conf failed.
Error 0x80070570 %PATH% = "ˆÀ
ocuments and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg8\Antispam\spamcatcher.conf"
Warning: Checking of state of the item file scbin.txt failed.
Error 0x80070570 %PATH% = "Èëocuments and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg8\Antispam\scbin.txt"
Warning: Checking of state of the item file sc1.bin.full failed.
Error 0x80070570 %PATH% = "Èëocuments and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg8\Antispam\sc1.bin.full"
Warning: Checking of state of the item file sc2.bin.full failed.
Error 0x80070570 %PATH% = "Èëocuments and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg8\Antispam\sc2.bin.full"
Warning: Checking of state of the item file sc5.bin.full failed.
Error 0x80070570 %PATH% = "Èëocuments and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg8\Antispam\sc5.bin.full"
Warning: Checking of state of the item file sc6.bin.full failed.
Error 0x80070570 %PATH% = "Èëocuments and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg8\Antispam\sc6.bin.full"
Warning: Checking of state of the item file sc14.bin.full failed.
Error 0x80070570 %PATH% = "ˆÀ
ocuments and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg8\Antispam\sc14.bin.full"
Warning: Checking of state of the item directory Lsdb failed.
Error 0x80070570 %PATH% = ""
Warning: Checking of state of the item directory Prev failed.
Error 0x80070570 %PATH% = "ðãocuments and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg8\Lsdb\Prev"
Warning: Checking of state of the item file sc.dat failed.
Error 0x80070570 %PATH% = "ðãocuments and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg8\Lsdb\sc.dat"
Warning: Checking of state of the item file sb.dat failed.
Error 0x80070570 %PATH% = "ðãocuments and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg8\Lsdb\sb.dat"
Warning: Checking of state of the item file sb2.dat failed.
Error 0x80070570 %PATH% = "ðãocuments and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg8\Lsdb\sb2.dat"
Warning: Checking of state of the item file ph.dat failed.
Error 0x80070570 %PATH% = "ðãocuments and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg8\Lsdb\ph.dat"
Warning: Checking of state of the item file cf.dat failed.
Error 0x80070570 %PATH% = "Èëocuments and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg8\Lsdb\cf.dat"
Warning: Checking of state of the item file sb.dat.xcd failed.
Error 0x80070570 %PATH% = "Èëocuments and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg8\Lsdb\sb.dat.xcd"
Warning: Checking of state of the item file sc.dat.xcd failed.
Error 0x80070570 %PATH% = "Èëocuments and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg8\Lsdb\sc.dat.xcd"
Warning: Checking of state of the item directory Cfg failed.
Warning: Checking of state of the item directory Avg7Fw failed.
Error 0x80070570 %PATH% = "Èëocuments and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg8\Cfg\Avg7Fw"
Warning: Checking of state of the item directory Log failed.
Warning: Checking of state of the item file adminclilog.cfg failed.
Error 0x80070570 %PATH% = "Èëocuments and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg8\Log\adminclilog.cfg"
Warning: Checking of state of the item file avguilog.cfg failed.
Error 0x80070570 %PATH% = "Èëocuments and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg8\Log\avguilog.cfg"
Warning: Checking of state of the item file cfglog.cfg failed.
Error 0x80070570 %PATH% = "Èëocuments and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg8\Log\cfglog.cfg"
Warning: Checking of state of the item file lnglog.cfg failed.
Error 0x80070570 %PATH% = "Èëocuments and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg8\Log\lnglog.cfg"
Warning: Checking of state of the item file privlog.cfg failed.
Error 0x80070570 %PATH% = "Èëocuments and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg8\Log\privlog.cfg"
Warning: Checking of state of the item file publog.cfg failed.
Error 0x80070570 %PATH% = "Èëocuments and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg8\Log\publog.cfg"
Warning: Checking of state of the item file rslog.cfg failed.
Error 0x80070570 %PATH% = "Èëocuments and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg8\Log\rslog.cfg"
Warning: Checking of state of the item file scanlog.cfg failed.
Error 0x80070570 %PATH% = "Èëocuments and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg8\Log\scanlog.cfg"
Warning: Checking of state of the item file schedlog.cfg failed.
Error 0x80070570 %PATH% = "Èëocuments and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg8\Log\schedlog.cfg"
Warning: Checking of state of the item file updlog.cfg failed.
Error 0x80070570 %PATH% = "Èëocuments and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg8\Log\updlog.cfg"
Warning: Checking of state of the item file wdlog.cfg failed.
Error 0x80070570 %PATH% = "Èëocuments and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg8\Log\wdlog.cfg"
Warning: Checking of state of the item file wdsvclog.cfg failed.
Error 0x80070570 %PATH% = "Èëocuments and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg8\Log\wdsvclog.cfg"
Warning: Checking of state of the item file nslog.cfg failed.
Error 0x80070570 %PATH% = "Èëocuments and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg8\Log\nslog.cfg"
Warning: Checking of state of the item file corelog.cfg failed.
Error 0x80070570 %PATH% = "Èëocuments and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg8\Log\corelog.cfg"
Warning: Checking of state of the item file systoolslog.cfg failed.
Error 0x80070570 %PATH% = "Èëocuments and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg8\Log\systoolslog.cfg"
Warning: Checking of state of the item file amlog.cfg failed.
Error 0x80070570 %PATH% = "Èëocuments and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg8\Log\amlog.cfg"
Warning: Checking of state of the item file srmlog.cfg failed.
Error 0x80070570 %PATH% = "Èëocuments and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg8\Log\srmlog.cfg"
Warning: Checking of state of the item file avgnetscan.log failed.
Error 0x80070570 %PATH% = "Èëocuments and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg8\Log\avgnetscan.log"
Warning: Checking of state of the item file avgcfg.log failed.
Error 0x80070570 %PATH% = "Èëocuments and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg8\Log\avgcfg.log"
Warning: Checking of state of the item file avgsched.log failed.
Error 0x80070570 %PATH% = "Èëocuments and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg8\Log\avgsched.log"
Warning: Checking of state of the item file avgwd.log failed.
Error 0x80070570 %PATH% = "Èëocuments and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg8\Log\avgwd.log"
Warning: Checking of state of the item file avgwdwsc.log failed.
Error 0x80070570 %PATH% = "Èëocuments and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg8\Log\avgwdwsc.log"
Actions plan:
Error: Internal error. Value not evaluated.

I am sure it was corrupted because of the obvious typos in Document.

Can anyone know how to force uninstall AVG 8? This seems to be tricky.

Are you prepared to run backups? (ie. external hard drive and disk imaging backuup software package? If not, your're not ready to do anything with AVG

1. Do you have an external hard drive? How much empty space does it have?>
2. A large is your internal drive? How full is it?
3. CD-R is less important then you think (i am guessing). tho do you have a friend with a CD-RW (i.e. they can burn CDs)
4. And what do u use instead of CD-R?

A USB with a 'New Folder' thingy that always shows up even as I delete it.

Oh. It is about 500 KB too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back