Davidoff

Hi, i have a system with the following specs:
Intel C2Q Q8200 @2.33Ghz
Intel DG35ec mobo
kingston 4gb ram
Nvidia 9800GT
500gb WD caviar green
80gb seagate barracuda
cooler master 500W eXtreme power plus PSU(bought it this morning)
so i hooked up my psu and ran the game (crysis warhead) hoping the fps would increase as previously my psu supplied only 230W....but now with the new PSU the frame rate in the game has not changed....can anyone explain whats going on?

wow.......really.....and i should also mention that my 9800gt is not the regular one........it has not got one of those 6pin pci-e power connectors......any way the benchmarks here at techspot showed that 9800 should give 40+ fps on mainstream at 1680*1050....what about that???

No, do not reinstall Windows Davidoff, Crysis is a very heavy game and you will get low fps, what game settings you running Crysis at?

Matt.

A 9800gt is a 9800gt, it will perform on par with a 9800gt.
There could be plenty of very likely reasons why your framerate will be a little lower, theres nothing wrong with your computer.
New power supplies don't get you higher framerates.

So what you guys are saying is that there is nothing wrong with my pc?.........btw I am running the game at mainstream with 1680x1050 with anti ailiasing off

As for what Techspot said the 9800gt could get you have to consider that they're test system is more powerful than you're system. I don't think you OC but the test system had a q6600 @3.0ghz and you're cpu is running at 2.33ghz might explain the difference in performance.

As for what Techspot said the 9800gt could get you have to consider that they're test system is more powerful than you're system. I don't think you OC but the test system had a q6600 @3.0ghz and you're cpu is running at 2.33ghz might explain the difference in performance.

hmmm.........this helps alot

Crysis is a pretty CPU dependant game. Just make sure you download the latest Crysis patches and nvidia drivers if you haven't done so already.

Crysis is a pretty CPU dependant game. Just make sure you download the latest Crysis patches and nvidia drivers if you haven't done so already.

Crysis is a very (like most games) GPU dependent game. an example of a CPU dependent game would be MS Flight Simulator. your C2Q 8200 is more than capable of handling your 9800gt, you could try to OC it, but 1) the Q8200 is not a good OC CPU, and 2) you would get a better result OC your 9800GT. a couple frame at best, but it may help.

You are using a 9800gt, with your system specs, use XP for better performance. Another thing, try gaming at 1280x1024. I played crysis warhead on a single core le-1620 , with aax2, high to enthusiast and got around 30-60 frames easily. This was on xp tho, in dx9, so its different then dx10. In dx10, i only got around 20-35

i do have the eco edition thing...its not nice

This is your rig:
Intel C2Q Q8200 @2.33Ghz
Intel DG35ec mobo
kingston 4gb ram
Nvidia 9800GT
500gb WD caviar green
80gb seagate barracuda
cooler master 500W eXtreme power plus PSU(bought it this morning)

Your rig is a beast, play at 1280x1024 AAX2 all high settings, and use XP. For a 9800gt, its best to use XP/dx9. Windows 7 or Vista is really demanding and requires you have to high end video cards to fully take advantage of the OS.

Your rig is a beast, play at 1280x1024 AAX2 all high settings, and use XP. For a 9800gt, its best to use XP/dx9. Windows 7 or Vista is really demanding and requires you have to high end video cards to fully take advantage of the OS.

Geez General,
1) you call everybody's rig a beast. The fact is that his rig is not "a beast" (no offense Davidoff)
2) your advice is for him to take two generations and 10 years of OS and DX capabilities backwards???
3) if you paid attention to his post, you would see that he desires or is trying to game at (probably his monitors native resolution) of 1680 x 1050. Resolution is rather an important question to at least ask.

Windows 7 or Vista is really demanding and requires you have to high end video cards to fully take advantage of the OS advantage of the OS

4) yeah that's not true. its a few frames difference and usually favors Vista and 7. http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/windows_7_gaming_performance/default.asp
you will notice they did a round of benches with a card very similar to Davidoffs.

@ Daividoff, to accomplish what you want with Crysis and similarly demanding games you are going to need more GPU.....or cowbell :) if you are okay with DX10 for now, cards such as an ATI HD 4870 or an Nvidia GTX 260 will work. If you value DX11 a ATI HD 5770 will work.
hope that helped :)

dude, 26 frames is fine for a 9800gt at that resolution.

Crysis is a very demanding game. It puts alot of strain on even some of the newest video cards out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back