I need help with my XFX 9800gt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davidoff

i have bought an xfx 9800gt recently and i am having a problem. I play crysis warhead and i get 10-12fps average on the gamer mode. my friend says that this is not enough for my card, he owns a 9500gt. he also told me that i have to connect a six pin plug type thingy to the card from the power supply. but i could not find any place in the card for a six pin plug.i have a 230watt power supply. which is not recommended by the company. BY THE WAY, unlike the card at the nvidia website and the xfx website, it has one DVI output and one HDMI output(without adapter).Can someone tell me the origins of this card?. is the low fps due to the power supply or is my card not genuine?.I am listing my system specs below.Help please.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 @ 2.33GHZ
WDC Green 500gb Sata HDD
Kingston 2+2 DDR2 ram
XFX 9800GT
with stock power supply 230 Watts

it is definitely because of the power supply. please change your PSU to a >500W with high Ampere on +12V rails. i just bought a 9500GT because it doesnt require the power thing.

the technician told me, PCIE supplies average of 75W of power. im not sure of this though. and the rest of the power are supplied from power supply. so, 230W would not cut it. buy a new one which supply "pure" power of the listed Wattage. anyway are u sure 230W or 230V?

230W is rare these days, especially running core2quad with 9800GT, its impossible.

ya i thought so too...maybe the power is limited.....so if i get a power supply of 600w..would that suffice?.....and yes its 230 WATTS

This might seem funny but there is no six pin socket there...here is a picture I took of my card

Attachments

• IMG_0416.jpg
    IMG_0416.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 14
well usually 'green stuff' is useless low performance crap, its the same case with ur Caviar 'Green' hard disk

ThANKS MAN.......I WILL GET A NEWER POWER SUPPLY SOON.......IF MY O- LEVEL RESULTS TURN UP GOOD.......or else..........:"bye bye pc"

Well thanks for your help....now i just have to wait till next monday, maybe i will get my 1tb hdd too :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back