Solved I got a lot of viruses, will this solution work?

saskiat

Ey everyone,

Today I downloaded something bad. It was an installer program. As soon as I opened it, AVG found like 15 Trojaans and some other things too. A lot of pop ups came in my screen. I quickly put my laptop on airplane mode and started running the AVG detector. It found even more malware. After that I opened my pc in safe mode, removed all .temp files and deleted all viruses I could find in the "remove programs" list. Then I ran AVG again in safe mode. My internet also went bad. It uses some other search engine that can't be deleted and added add-ons that I don't want. All things considered, I screwed up my pc bad. I know that there are still viruses left because everything is slow and the fans are spinning really fast, indicating that there are some processes going that I'm not aware of.

Now I want to do the following:
-put files that I want to keep on an usb stick
- restore pc to factory mode (including the disk cleaning, used for when you sell your pc) which will take a few hours
- restore a backup from 5 months ago (before the infection) over the factory mode pc.

Is it a good idea to do the above? Will it fix my laptop?

For info: it is a MSI laptop with windows 10 version 1607 on it.

Thank you for reading my question

Welcome aboard

Please, observe following rules:
  • Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
  • If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
  • Please refrain from running any tools, fixes or applying any changes to your computer other than those I suggest.
  • Never run more than one scan at a time.
  • Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
  • The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
  • If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
  • I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

========================================

I can't guarantee your backup is clean.
If you're sure you can do it as you planned.

If not sure...

Please, complete all steps listed here: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/
Make sure, you PASTE all logs. If some log exceeds 50,000 characters post limit, split it between couple of replies.
Attached logs won't be reviewed.

I did said thing above, I forgot to mention it. I reset my PC to factory settings, after that I recovered the back-up. I forgot to say that the back-up came from an external hard drive, so I think it is not possible for the back up to be infected? (I'm not sure how smart viruses are) My pc seems to be doing ok noow. I don't see traces from malware anymore, but it seems that the pc is a bit slower than before (but that might just be me) but I hope the Farbar scan will show if my PC is really 100% clean now.

Back