I have Creative i-Trigue 3400 I need help with sound

Hi all I get sound when starting i-tunes and windows apps but when it comes to internet I get nothing at all. What can be the problem? Please help

No sound in webpages

Try this. If you get sound from programs on your PC's hard drive, such as Media player, but not in web pages, then go into Internet Explorer, (or whatever you use), Tools, Internet options, Advanced tab, drag the scroll bar down to the Multimedia heading, and tick the box 'play sounds in web pages'.

Ty for replying

Hi I am using fire fox and when I go to tools options there is no scroll down to select what you stated. Is there anything else I can try? I do get sound through i-tunes windows sounds etc. but no internet like you tube games etc.

It's almost certain that the problem is that you don't have the right 'plug-in' for Firefox to allow it to play the audio. Sites such as Youtube, and others similar, need extra files for Firefox to work properly. You can download them easily enough. http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Popular plugins
Copy this URL and paste it into a new tab on your browser. You need plug-ins for Flash player and Real player, at least. Hope this helps.

Back