I have files waiting to be written to the CD... this will not go away

BillAllen55

When first logging onto my XP OS, I'm getting a message in a 'balloon" in my task bar that reads 'you have files waiting to be written to the cd'. When I click on the balloon there are files showing that are ready to be written to a cd. After deleting these files, it appears as if they are gone. Only to find out the next time I start the computer I once again get the same message stating there are files that are waiting to be written to the cd. (same files as before)
Earlier in the month I was doing some burning to cd but now I can't seem to get rid of the files that return to the area where one would burn to a cd.

I've used super anti spyware, malware bytes malware, TFC.exe, and ATF cleaner. without resolution.
What should I do next?

follow up acitivity: I ran combofix, also went to my cd\dvd driver to properties and unchecked it to enable burning of cd's. This apparently corrected the issue, my concern at this point in time would be: did it correct my problem or simply mask the underlying issue?

A follow up question

follow up acitivity: I ran combofix, also went to my cd\dvd driver to properties and unchecked it to enable burning of cd's. This apparently corrected the issue, my concern at this point in time would be: did it correct my problem or simply mask the underlying issue?

What about my follow up? Obviously something was stuck resulting in this annoying nag balloon advising I have files that are ready to be burned. I'm assuming based on your reply you don't believe there are spyware/malware/virus issues?

So far, I don't think, your issue is malware related.
That's why your topic has been moved.

What is causing the files to show as ready to be burned?

So far, I don't think, your issue is malware related.
That's why your topic has been moved.
Thanks for your reply Mr Broni, what 'do' you think is causing this problem?

Files waiting to be written to the cd

yes - after doing this I don't get the same message when logging in. I'm asking if in fact there comes a point in time that I wish to once again burn a cd do you believe there will be an issue once I enable the burning capability?

You should be OK, as long, as you use some 3rd party burning program.
Your issue is pretty common, if look at Google findings.

A annoying question resolved.

Please go to this website to learn about how to remove the files waiting to be burned CLICK HERE I did as this article described, and no more nagging about files that are ready to be burned.
Issue resolved.

Back