I have no clue what's wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, i am new here was looking as some help topics but i cant seem to find one with the problem i'm having.

Well im putting my new pc together and its all done i try to turn on my pc and the lights on the mobo light up but the fans do not and it does not beep nor does it want to turn on.

Could this be the PUS? i have a P55 sli MOBO with a i5 and the pus is PC power & colling 750 quad.
did i pick up the worng PSU? is it dead?

Please help

Yes everthing is in.
all i see on the mobo is the power button at the bottom its bliking green and a blue led light in the middle of the mobo is blking

What is the brand and model of your motherboard and what are the rest of your components?

Have you plugged in the 8 pin connector at the top left of the motherboard? Is there a speaker in your case, is it connected, and is the PC making any sounds?

If you plugged everything in and it still doesn't work, I would recommend checking with a different PSU. Good luck.

Edit: Also, try unplugging all unnecessary peripherals (DVD Drives, Hard Drives, etc.) and see what happens.

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2000 (PC3 16000) Desktop Memory Model F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH - Retail

PLEXTOR Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 24X DVD/CD Writer LightScribe Support - OEM

Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield 2.66GHz 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor - Retail

EVGA P55 SLI 132-LF-E655-KR LGA1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

EVGA 896-P3-1257-AR GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked Edition 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

that is what i have

To eliminate the possibility of a short against the case, try removing the motherboard from the case and place it on a soft, non-conducting anti-static surface. Install only one RAM module, the graphics card and, of course, the CPU, heatsink/fan. Actually, when you remove the motherboard, don't remove the CPU and heatsink/fan, leave it on. Connect the appropriate power and data cables, including the front panel switches and the monitor. Turn it on to see if will post. The PC doesn't need the hard drive or optical drives to do this.

i feel really dumb D: found out the problem and it was my fail
i did not put on the risers for the mobo D:
but the mobo is still good its runing
now just need to know how to change the boot device in the BIOS
I'm a noob in that stuff D:

Wouldn't you know it? I thought about mentioning standoffs but I thought, "Nah." But all's well that ends well.

To enter the BIOS hit the Delete key right after your system posts (when you hear the beep). If unsure, you can hit the key more than once. Once in the BIOS you can go to Boot Configuration Features. Remember that only your keyboard works in the BIOS, not the mouse. Next go Boot Device Priority and set the first boot device to the optical drive (DVD, CD or Blu-ray). If you have more than one optical drive, go into CD/DVD Drives to select the one you want to be first. While you are in the BIOS you can insert your Windows DVD/CD in the drive tray so that you can begin Windows Setup as soon as you leave the BIOS. Back out of the menu by hitting the Esc key until you are back to the main menu. Maneuver to Save & Exit Setup.

While you are in the BIOS, you might want to check some other settings like setting your SATA controller to IDE or AHCI (SATA) mode, depending on what you want. In the manual EVGA recommends AHCI mode for your SATA devices.

After you have installed Windows, you can go back into the BIOS and change the boot order to the hard drive first if you wish.

Some BIOS' allow you to enter the boot menu by pressing the F12 key (instead of the Delete key) or some other key to temporarily change the boot order so you don't have to go back into it later and change it back but I didn't notice if your motherboard had that feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back