I have to disable one of my display adapters to run games, and when I do, they run very poorly

I have to disable one of my display adapters to run games, and when I do, they run very poorly. I do this through Device manager > Display adapters and then either disable my Nvidia Geforce GTX 960m, or my Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600. when I disable either of them, my games can barely run. When I keep them enabled, they crash on launch. The games I am trying to play are COD BO2, GTA V, and World of Warcraft. I am on an ASUS laptop and I have run these games perfectly well before. Can anyone help/know whats going on? thanks in advance.

I would update the drivers and flash the bios if you have not already done that. There is an automatic update function in device manager for the drivers, but it's better that you download them from the manufacturer's website and install them manually and the windows os will tell you that there may be better drivers on the website. The best bet is Nvidia's and Intel's website but there ;may be good driver's on ASUS's website as well. The BIOS flash will be different. You will have to get that from ASUS.

Back