I need help from a tech wiz

Barry Gross

I currently have an upstairs neighbor who allows his kids to jump and run like they are in a playground. I currently have small bluetooth speaker taped to air vents that I can blast music and sounds back at them. I would like a way of taking the noise and vibrations they make and send it back to them thru these speakers. Is there a microphone that I can attach or hang from my ceiling so every bang! they make instantly bounces the sound back to them thru my wireless speakers ? If not can you suggest a way I can do this ? Thank You everyone for your help.

Use two speakers:
  1. first is the output you now have
  2. use a second speaker wired as INPUT to your system
now run any app that will take the MIC input, and playback normally.

A speaker works as a mic when wired in this manner.

Thanks for the help. Right now I am using a smart phone and 2 small bluetooth speakers. Are you saying put one speaker by the ceiling and wire in into the headphone jack of the phone and turn it into a microphone which will transmit the sounds to the second speaker ? Not sure what you mean by an app that will take the mic input ?

You need an application which records;

capture input via microphone and send amplified sound to the output speaker

I am not nearly as knowledgeable as you so please bear with me. So I wire one speaker on ceiling to my smart phone. I need an app that will let it record and act like a mic. Then bluetooth sends amplified sound to second speaker or must I wire the mic speaker to the second speaker.

Each speaker MUST be independent. if not, you'll get massive feedback.

Code:
spk#1 --- mic-in--> some device (with app which records)
                             "
                             "
                             V
                           Spk#2

Thank you. I do not want to record anything. On my phone is an audio recorder if I want to record. I am just looking to have a microphone go to a speaker. Like person speaking into a microphone and their voice coming out of a speaker in real time. Nothing being recorded. Is there a microphone out there preferably wireless that I can transmit via bluetooth or wired to any speaker. Thanks for your help I will not bother you again.

Yes I understand, but this spk#1==spk#2 will NOT work - - you need an amplifier of some kind between them.

spk#1=amplifier=spk#2

Thru the headphone jack I hooked up spkr1 to phone and turned on voice recorder and I saw that it was recording. Spkr2 was bluetooth connected to phone but I did not get any sound. Any idea what I'm missing ? You mentioned an app

So you hooked up spkr1 to your phone via a cable and were able to reproduce sound but not on spkr2, which you wirelessly connected via bluetooth?

Or were you not able to reproduce sound on either?

I think that recorder you're using will only record sound and then play the sound back once you've finished recording, and not do both simultaneously.

I just found one of the apps that does what I need. Its called bluetooth loudspeaker for android and it works well except for a one second delay. It turns any device with a microphone into a loudspeaker to any bluetooth speaker. Thanks for your help. I have an inexpensive tablet attached to the ceiling as the microphone. There is some feedback but I'm trying to make noise so it actually helps LOL

This might interest you. Sounds only people under 18 can hear.

"Some major retailers actually use this science to keep teens from loitering outside their stores. There’s a wall-mounted device, called the Mosquito teen repeller, that store owners can install on their property to keep young people from congregating."

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/try-it-can-you-hear-these-sounds-only-young-112627654778.html

As a fellow apartment dweller I think anyone who moves into the top floor of a 2 story apartment with kids should be publicly caned.

Back