I need help with this stop error

Status
Not open for further replies.

boby509

It says that then its says under neithe the error it says tdx.sys
STOP 0x0000008E

This stop error occurs when I launch the sims 3 could someone help me out.

I have a Intel Core Duo E6300 1.86 GHz over clocked to 430 FSB which is 3.01 GHz
I have a Nvidia Ge Force 7600 GT
TWO hard drives
and sound blaster Audiagly 4

Attachments

• Mini061809-04.dmp
    142.1 KB · Views: 7
Hi boby509,

What anti virus program are you running. Also what is your operating system on your machine? Could you please list your system specs :)

Most of your mini dumps are due to the tdx.sys like you said. Did notice one that said bckd.sys, which when looked up is possibly related to malware.

Have you updated any of your drivers at all?

A New Stop Error

Stop 000000A

No file is given

I run AVG 8.5

Here are the new mini Dumps

Hmm system info I will give you a DxDiag file if that would help

Incase the Dxdiag is not enough I will manually list them

Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 7600 GT
Mother Board: GA -965P-S3
Hard Drive: 80 gig I forgot the name
Sound Card: Sound Blaster Audiology 4
Key Board: Microsoft keyboard
Mouse: logitech 518
FANS: 3
Processor: Intel Duo Core 1.86Ghz currently OCed to 2.10Ghz

Have you updated your network drivers?

This problem has been solved by downloading the latest network adpater drivers in some cases

No I have not yet downloaded my network drivers but when I down load them I cant seem to open the file.

This is weird when I go to download from Nvidia or from Real tek my files dont exactly show up in the folder I saved them too. I will download something then I cant acess it? This is really werid.

Have read up about K9 web blocker, doesn't seem to block downloads just sites and you have to specify which sites you want blocking yourself.

I have seen this same problem with an out of date or expired anti virus (they sometimes interfere with internet activity). But to be honest in your case, considering I found the suspicious file bckd.sys in your mini dumps. I would suggest to be on the safe side (and so we have a better idea) that you follow these instructions and post a thread in the Malware Category to see if there are any nasties on your machine causing headaches.

Once finished, let us know how you got on. It may even solve your problem, but either way it's nice to know :)

A New Stop Error Message

Stop 0x0000008E under neith that it says Physical memory dump failed with status 0x0000185

:(:blackeye:

To add to what snowchick has said, I read your minidumps and five mention the same OS driver tdx.sys which is a Network Adapter driver. If you do a search TONS of people have had issues with this Windows driver. Microsoft may have a hotfix; I know they do for Windows 7.

As snowchick has pointed out update your Network Card drivers. This seems to have been a solution for many. It also could mean your NIC card is faulty. All six errors are either 0x8E or 0xA and they are strong indicators of hardware issues, especially the 0x8E; the 0xA can be caused by buggy drivers as well.

Also, I looked and looked for a definition of bckd.sys and I can't find what this driver belongs to. snowchick suggested going to the Virus and Malware removal forum here at Tech Spot.. I would heed that suggestion.

There are people that have issues with K9 as well.

Edit Update: After much further research here is bckd.sys http://www.systemlookup.com/Drivers/1023-bckd_sys.html Nevertheless Sophos security states that a trojan does use this lettering combo; and for further review: http://www.prevx.com/filenames/X3544431861636883352-X1/BCKD.SYS.html. Thus, still do what snowchick recommends.

A New Stop Error

I followed through as requested and replaced and updated both my video card and Network card's Drivers. I have fiddled the error down to this STOP 0x0000008E underneath that it says Physical memory dump failed with Status 0xC0000185
:wave:

Please attach your latest minidump(s). Are you getting as many BSODs at this point since updating drivers?

tdx.sys which I cited in my first reply to you. What was interesting was that the driver vsdatant.sys was blocked from loading. This is a Zone Alarm driver.

First, did you search for a hotfix for tdx.sys?

Second, we have seen many, many, many people here have issues with vsdatant.sys and ZA as well. Update the software or completely uninstall and see if that brings you stability and if so choose another software for your security (but not Norton).

OK I followed up and did as directed but to no avail but I have the stop error Irq Not Less or equal STOP 0x000000A ( 0x00000054, 0x000000RB, 0x00000007, 0x8220DFE9) Mini Dumps are attached

One 0xA error was unable to give probable cause and stated the module list is probably corrupted.

The other 0xA error stated the issue was, once again, tdx.sys. Are running Visat or are your running Windows 7?

From what I have additionally researched issues with tdx.sys can have issues with legacy drivers.

Here is a detailed Account of the Error Messages

The First Error Code is:

Stop 0X000008E

Tdx.sys (8D9DCA9C, 0X8D9DCA9C)

The Second is

Stop 0x000000A0
Adress (0X00000054, 0000001B,0X00000001, 0X8221AFE9)

System Specs:
Processor: E6300 Intel Duo Core OCed from 1.68Ghz to 3.01Ghz
VIdeo Card: Nvidia Ge Force 7600 GT
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Audiogly 4
Nic Card: Marrvel Yukon XX.XX
2 gigs of Ram

Here are also the mini Dumps they are attached

Well let me test that ok I am going to run a few games but Yes it is usally when I attemp to launch the sims 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back