I reformatted my computer and need sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

haidar

i reformatted my computer windows xp professional and i need sound i have no cd or software for it and its an asus.
thankyou
regards
haidar

Please press the GO button, to update all your drivers

Some Service Pack (SP) will pop out a warning message in your default browser, under the address bar
Click on the message "Install ActiveX Control" to continue the installation.

it doesnt need a clean there is no sound installed on it at all it got deleted from reformatting

i liked your way more(tmagic650) i will give you all the info about my computer tomorrow
stay in touch
thanks
haidar

i need sound

this is the information i got hope it helps

name: intel pentium 4
code name:willlamette
brand id:9
package:socket 478 mPGA
technology:0.18 um
specification:intel(R) 4 cpu 1.70ghz
family:f
ext family:f
model:1
ext. model:1
steppping:3
revision:e0
instructions:mmx,sse,sse2

mainboard
manufacturer:gigabyte technology co.ltd
model:ga-8simlh
chipset:sis 651
lpcio:windbond w83697hf

it doesnt need a clean there is no sound installed on it at all it got deleted from reformatting

i liked your way more(tmagic650) i will give you all the info about my computer tomorrow
stay in touch
thanks
haidar

hi haidar. Ummmm... let me clarify some things for you about finding those sound drivers. You misunderstood something regarding kimsland's post which included that Go button to click
  • Clicking the Go button takes you directly to the ASUS site! Hover your mouse over the button and look at the URL displayed.
  • Clicking it not only takes you to the ASUS site but takes you to an ASUS web page which will tell you ASUS will analyze your computer and ASUS will automatically identify EXACTLY which drivers you need
  • ASUS can do this analysis via their web site by using a special program. This "special program" is written using Active X.
  • kimsland was simply telling you that you must give ASUS permission to run the Active X program. It is 100% safe since it comes from ASUS. That's why you OK the Active X program. It has nothing to with "cleaning" things
  • What ASUS is doing with the Active X program is fairly common from system and motherboard vendors.
You're wise and using good judgement in NOT simply click every link or button you find on the web. BUT apply that judgement case-by-case. If you go to a forum site for info you needn't believe every post by every body. (some people may just be new to a site and/or not have appropriate experience) BUT you have to at least trust established members who have a track record in posting to the site. You can trust kimsland. or Tmagic for that matter. or me ;)

thats all the information i got can you please find me the sofware.

that go button didnt work and no warning thingy popped up saying its bad it just didnt work.

so can you please use the information i gave you guys to find me what im after .

many thanks for your help
haidar

thank you very much i am downloading it at the moment i will inform you if it works.

thanks
haidar

can any of you guys help me even though this has nothing got to do with what where talking about at the moment but does any one know how to increase downoad speed by like double or something

thankyou
haidar

i tried all those sound softwares you guys gave me and none of them worked!!!

please help me !!!

please
please
thanks
haidar

im in australia

thanks
haidar

sorry it actually worked thankyou very much!!!

its just that i was dumb enough not to restart my computer after installing it thankyou

i thank you guys very much for your help i really appreciate it
thankyou again
and again
im that happy
thanks guys

from
haidar

catch use later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back