Inactive I think I have Ransomware

I have something that is putting folders in my: c drive root, my documents, and my Users folder. It is always 2 folders and they are filled with files with .xls, .txt, .docx, .jpg, .sql, .xlsx, .rft .per suffexes.

If I delete the folders they come back with a different name. My files are not locked but what makes me think it is Ransomware is when I delete the folders I get a pop up from Cybereason saying it has eliminated Ransomware. (Threat stopped Cybereason RansomFree has successfully prevented an attempt to encrypt your files. Please note: Ransomware may still show a ransom note, a countdown timer or other

visual effects. You will have to manually fix them.)I did install Cybereason before this started to happen.
Does anyone have any clues to what this is and how to get rid of it. I do have backups of all my file in case they get encrypted.

I am running windows 10 home

thank you in advance to anyone that can help me.

Welcome aboard

Please, complete all steps listed here: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/
Make sure, you PASTE all logs. If some log exceeds 50,000 characters post limit, split it between couple of replies.
Attached logs won't be reviewed.

Please, observe following rules:
  • Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
  • If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
  • Please refrain from running any tools, fixes or applying any changes to your computer other than those I suggest.
  • Never run more than one scan at a time.
  • Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
  • The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
  • If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
  • I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

I have found out that Cybereason puts those folders there as bait. I am not infected. It is just part of the protection. Thank for your help.

Back