I want this... will it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should be able to run the card just fine. Just make sure it will physically fit inside your case and that you have 2 available PCI-E power connectors with that power supply. Also, the 4800 series video cards run pretty hot out of the box so make sure to download the latest version of CCC or RivaTuner to adjust the fan speed.

how do i know which power supply cords are PCI-E power connectors? I keep getting an error on my screen saying i need to plug both power supplies into my video card... its plugged into the PCI-E port and I have two power cords running to the card as well. What Gives?

The PCI-E power connectors have 6 or 8 stacked pins, your video card should have included a 4-pin molex adapter if you don't have any available. I noticed that your PSU supports a max of 28A on the +12v rail. You might want to check the amperage requirement for the card. I think you have enough power to run the card but you never know.

Why do you have two threads going on the same issue? I already replied in your other thread that you need a new PSU. Please refrain from making multiple threads about the same problem in the future.

sorry about the double thread issue im still kinda learning bout' forums... so i bought the ATI Radeon HD 4870 512 mb GDDR5.... i have one 6 stacked pin cable so im juat gonna buy an adapter to make another one out of two four pin cords:) problem solved thanks guys:)

Your PSU does not deliver enough power on the +12V rail for the HD 4870. You need a new one with at least 30A+ on the +12V rail(s).

Oh now i understand what you meant:( that is very dissapointing.... so you would still go with the Antec PSU you gave me the link to? I mean is 500W enough for my system with the video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back