I want to wipe my laptop clean

GNS1310

I might have it sold and I'd like to clean it up. Get all the crap off it. Even if I don't wind up selling it, I think it'll run much much better with all the clutter gone.
I have a Toshiba Satellite A660D-ST2G02 that's loaded with all sorts of stuff I never use. I'd like to know which drivers I absolutely need and no more. Going to download them to a disk and go from there. I did this awhile ago with my old laptop but I'm a big foggy on the complete process.
I'm getting the basics for the laptop as I'm not on it nearly as much as the desktop.
Drivers
Avast
CCleaner
Chrome
couple of poker rooms
other suggestions?
Thanks for any help.

Good dose of DBAN should do as a good wipe (completely wipe that is). In addition, you need to make sure all OEM drivers are installed on the system. What you don't need is anything labeled "Application". Most of the time, the basic hardware drivers are what's needed from either the OEM disc or manufacturer's website. ;)

First
  1. delete all user logins other than your personal (which empties \Documents & Settings\* or \Users\* excepting only yours)
  2. uninstall applications (CP->Programs) that are just junk, but leave MS software alone
  3. you can delete \Documents & Settings\{your login}\My Documents\*
  4. using the Administrator Login, run cleanmgr
If you login as Administrator, you can also delete your login

Your system is now RELATIVELY Empty but fully functional and bootable.

Back