Ialmrnt5 display driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I frrst got the Sims 2, I could play for awhile and then it would freeze, so I asked around and someone told me this website to intall this thing (sorry not very good with computers), anyway, I installed it and it fixed the problem.
Well, a week ago my computer did something weird, and I had to redo a lot of stuff, and so I had to reinstall my sims, and now its freezing again. Does anyone know of the website that was taking about earlier, so I can fix the problem?

I Have the Same Problem

the name of the driver is ialmrnt5 and it only happens when i play the SIMS 2. You should try finding a new one by searching on oline or going to a computer store.

Bye,
Titan

I know this thread is about a month old, but I'm getting the same problem. I recently got The Sims 2, and installed it today. Start playing, la la, then it freezes, kicks me out of the game, and goes back to a very distorted desktop saying "ialmrnt5 display driver has stopped working normally." Ok, fine. I go to Intel and download the latest driver for the 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family, since my version is 6.14.0010.3865, and they have 6.14.10.4020. Now here's where it gets tricky. I download it, it asks to reset the computer. I reset, and it starts to boot up normally. It goes as far as the WinXP loading screen, before my monitor blacks out, and my power light starts to blink. I checked the wires, nothing. Restart again, F8, last known good config. Go back to game, craps out again with the same problem. I'm on a brand new computer so it's starting to baffle me.
Can anybody think of anything, or should I just call it a day, and make the hubby get me a spiffy new graphics card? Lol. Any other details that I could give, let me know. Thanks!

I face the same problem with the damn ialmrnt5 while playing Guild Wars...
after coupple of minutes of playing my laptop freezes and reboots..:(
Can anybody help, please...

same problem

Hi everyone,
I have the same problem when trying to play combat flight simulator 3.Has anyone found a fix?Thanks

If the monitor goes to standby/sleep mode, it's probably because of incorrect timings / refresh rate.

For DirectDraw, the latter can be adjusted from dxdiag, in "More Help" tab, "override refresh rate". I'm not sure how much it affects Direct3D games though. Won't affect OpenGL as far as I know.

60 Hz is usually safe, but can cause eye strain with CRT displays.

I'd check monitor settings anyhow (Control Panel - Display Settings - Advanced - Monitor).

Ok So I'm in the same boat... I start up The Sims 2, it loads gets to "blurring reality lines" and it freezes then a message comes up saying "Display driver stopped responding" it's the ialmrnt5 display driver not working properly. I went to the Intel website and downloaded the graphics controller for my Intel 82865. Re-started my computer after this download and tried the Sims again, same thing happened. Do I need to set up this new driver as a default to override the ialmrnt5? Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated, I'm trying my best but I'm not a computer wizard I just want to play the Sims2!!

Thanks.
Brynee

I'm having exactly the same problem as Brynee posted on May 9. The Sims 2 fails at exactly the same place and in the same way. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Epidemic?

I'm having the same problem with the ialmrnt5 display driver. And it seems to be occuring with Sims2. I just bought my copy yesterday, set it up last night... and not even 20 min into the game, boom.

Has anyone found the fix for this yet? Is this a bug in Sims 2? A little help please. My comp isn't even 6 months old yet!

the exact same thing happened to me, I got the Sims2, loaded it, and it would stop when it got to Captive Simulators part, and would say the ialmrnt5 driver stopped working. Is there anything I can do, my comp meets all the requirements for the game, and i downloaded the most recent driver for the Intel 828 chip, and still the same thing!! I just want to play the Sims2!

I have the Same exact Problem!!!

But mine is a little different. I have the problem with Guild Wars also, but I own this Sims 2 and every time I play that since the problem started, it has worked. Here's the catch, i have installed the latest driver from Intel for my video card and now a blue screen comes up saying it doesn't work. I can play for a little longer before the error comes up but i still would rather get rid of it. I have never had the problem with the Sims 2, never. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Same Here

I bought my computer and The Sims in Feb. 2005. I had the problem when I first bought it, but I updated the game and the graphics card, which is 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family, it worked, about a week I updated it again and now the problem is back. I just might roll back to the previous driver version and see if will work again. I probably should have never updated the damn thing. I also think that the stupid graphics card is the reason why I can't use the body shop.

Current version: 6.14.10.4332
Previous version: 6.14.10.3943

Not that it a fix, but if it helps anyone out that would be great. It would also be great if anyone could help me out with the updated version.

im havein the a simaliar problem with Roller Coaster Tycoon 3. As its loading it gets to : Post Activate
Terrain

then it freezes up. It tells me that it the ialmrnt5 display driver. I Have the Intel 82845G/GL Extreme Graphics Controller- Version 6.13.01.3162. Can anyone help??

I recently got The Sims 2 on PC and im having the same problem, after playing for about an hour or so the game locks up and I get kicked out to desktop, it's icon sizes and colours are completely messed up, once I restart the desktop is back to normal.

My graphics card is the Intel 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family, I downloaded what I think is the right driver update from Intel, everything goes fine, I restart my computer and when I try to goto.

Control Panel
Intel GMA Driver

the file wont open anymore, its now called cannot find requested string.

Im not sure what's going on, have I downloaded the wrong driver, is this supposed to happen, any help would be appreciated.

Display driver

joe46392 said:
Hi everyone,
I have the same problem when trying to play combat flight simulator 3.Has anyone found a fix?Thanks
I installed CFS3 yesterday and have all the problems cited here. Same msg. Display Driver Stopped Responding. Does anybody have a real solution. Posts here don't seem to be very encouraging in finding a solution. New graphics card? I really don't want to go that route as I am using a brand new HP Media Center PC.

I just got off the phone with HP tech support....they tell me both SIMS and Combat Flight Simulator require a 3D graphics card to run properly....there is no fix.

ialmrnt5 error

Did use games but some joker corrupted my driver. I had the same problem with the ialmrnt5 error. You will need to reinstall the driver for Intel(r) 82845G/GL/GE/PE. Go to Control Panel, Device Manager, Display Adapters. Intell.... and just reinstall the driver. It should work

here's the fix, it doesn't work!

xiagoya said:
Okay, here's the fix.

http://developer.intel.com/support/graphics/intel915g/sb/CS-016497.htm
just follow the links and directions.

Now, I know on my comp, the screen sizes and stuff got funky. (Fieance freaked when he saw what happend to his precious desktop)

To fix the screen prob caused by this go into:
Control panel
Intel GMA Driver
and fix till yours hearts content.

It has severly helped my SIMs 2 and a my Age of Mythologies Gold.

what if it doesn't work on your computer, like it says that it can't install?

ialmrnt5 display drive

i always get the ialmrnt5 display drive erroe when i start the sims, i've never played it since i got it. ive been tryna fiix it. i have the intel(r) 82852/82855 GM/GME graphics controller, and whever i try to download the driver, it says the driver ccannot be installed on this computer, contact your system administrator. What do i do?!!!!! HELP

I fixed it! I tryed everything except getting a new video card, and that was the problem. The problem is with the Video Card. You just have to get a new one. I would recommend a better quality one over the cheaper one. Yes a cheaper video card would fix your problem, but in the long run, you will be wishing you had a better video card.

There is no way to fix this problem besides getting a new video card. (Or at least no way that i have tried to fix it). I am very pleased with my ATI Raedon 9250. Now I am just having troubles with my Installshield Wizard - it doesn't work. And it not working won't let me install anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back