IBM L40SX boot disk

You'll need to give a bit more detail, the OS and some system specs would help. Also explain what you need this disc for. Any OS disc will boot the PC.

IBM l40 sx boot disk

The computer currently has no OS on it. The most advanced you can run on it
is windows 95. I need the reference disk to acess the bios. Then i can install dos
and windows. The file must be on floppy 3.5 1.44 mb.

boot disk update

I was able to use a win 95 boot disk and run setup disk 1 on windows 95

till I received the error you have compressed volume or Disk-cache utility remove
disk cache utility?

I don't quite follow, if you have no OS installed how can you have any drivers installed?

What is in the compressed volume?

Have you tried looking up the make and model of the motherboard to get your chipset drivers?

L40 sx Boot disk

The computer only boots to F1 then stops. So I guess it has no OS or device
drivers.

I do not know the compressed volume.

not sure where to look for device drivers for this computer? Was told it is not
supported anymore.

I will fdisk it this weekend.

Thanks.

It's been many, many years since I used a machine as old as this, I had an IBM as one of my first PC's.

If you follow the guide I gave above you can at least wipe the drive of the compressed volume and start with a clean slate. Then you should be able to install Windows 95 and go from there.

You may have to do some hunting to find suitable drivers if the system calls for them.

Have a good look at the motherboard to find the make and model as that will be needed to find the chipset drivers.

Best of luck.

Just incase you missed the edit to my last post I added a link for a hard drive diagnostics for floppy.

Back