Icons won't show up at the start menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

adu123

Normally whenever after I use a program, the icon of that program will show up at the start menu: start -> and then I will see the icons, but now there only two icons left: IE7, and microsoft office outlook, no other icons will show up no matter what program I use (notepad,AVG anti-spyware...) This problem seems occur right after I download Housecall 6.6 to scan my computer, I don't know what causes this, any help would be grateful. Thank you

"This problem seems occur right after I download Housecall 6.6 to scan my computer,"

Sounds like the fix is obvious here: do one or the other depending on the results:

Uninstall House Call
Do a System Restore to date before the Housecall download.

I've uninstalled HouseCall 6.6 and the problem seems to be gone when I login today, I was able to view the icon of those program I use. However, after I use CCleaner to clean up my computer, all the icons were gone again except for IE7 and microsoft office outlook. I really have no idea what's going on?

Stop using CCleaner. What is it you're trying to clean up that you can't do yourself? Do a System Restore- if you have a restore point between uninstalling HouseCall and using CCleaner- hopefully you create your own restore point before using any 'cleaning' program. If you don't use the closest one.

Do you have an anti-virus program on board? If you are running another AV program, this would have caused some conflict in your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back