IDT High Definition Audio CODEC Driver Not Installing

Hello,
My name is Jakob and I reset my Dell Inspiron 15z-5523 running Windows 10 using the "Reset My PC" recovery option inside of the Update & Security section because it was running insanely slow. Now, after all's said and done, the speakers on this laptop don't work.
I first noticed when the speaker icon had a red "X" over it and I got an error message when I tried to increase the volume. I decided to use the audio troubleshooting program in the taskbar, but it failed to notice any issues whatsoever. I went into the properties for the driver and decided to reinstall the driver but it gave me an error message saying:

"Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an issue when attempting to install it.
IDT High Definition Audio CODEC
A device attached to the system is not functioning."

But wait! It gets worse! I decided to use the other driver that I could install in place of the IDT one. It was called, "High Definition Audio Device" and I think it was made by Microsoft. After installing it, everything seemed to be better. But when I when to test the audio in the "Playback Devices" settings, the meter in the playback tab is going up and down like audio is playing but I can't hear anything.
If anyone can tell me what the f*** is going on and how to fix it, I'm all ears. Also, I did check the Dell website for the driver and it isn't there. I have attached a photo of the error I'm getting and other crucial information for anyone who needs it.Screenshot (1).png
[RIGHT]Thank you,
Jakob Wilczynski[/RIGHT]

Back