IE 10 for W7

In my opinion the necessity of IE10 at the moment is classified under user desire. The decision to upgrade is a choice that all users will have as a possibility.

Edit:
I'm not sure if Windows Update will automatically install or not.

In my opinion the necessity of IE10 at the moment is classified under user desire. The decision to upgrade is a choice that all users will have as a possibility.

Edit:
I'm not sure if Windows Update will automatically install or not.
Thank you. I'll wait to see if it wants to install next month.

I like it, I never really use IE, but it has improved... but it just doesnt cut it vs Chrome. It is improving, but IE will be at 400 HTML5 score in IE11 while Chrome is at the max haha. MS just isnt putting it as the priority as it used to. I gotta say, the Aesthetics need some work,I would wait for the next update to IE11 since some people are experiencing blue screens.

If by Chrome you're talking about google chrome, I won't have anything to do with it because of it tracking cookies
I love its speed, but don't like being tracked.
Anyhow, I've always heard one should update because of security, but I think I'll wait this time, thank you .

If by Chrome you're talking about google chrome, I won't have anything to do with it because of it tracking cookies
I love its speed, but don't like being tracked.
Anyhow, I've always heard one should update because of security, but I think I'll wait this time, thank you .
I like IEs simplicity, but Chrome and Firefox just outweigh it. Can't you use do not track in chrome also?

I like IEs simplicity, but Chrome and Firefox just outweigh it. Can't you use do not track in chrome also?
Right now Firefox is my default . I liked the speed of chrome & even went thru numerous threads in here in hopes of finding a way
to keep the cookies off, but another poster in here told me its because google ownes it & google wants to track you. I had the Do Not Track addon but no help. Here is one of my threads https://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-about-google-chrome.182435/

"[FONT=Lucida Grande]Send a ‘Do Not Track’ request with your browsing traffic" in chrome settings.[/FONT]

"[FONT=Lucida Grande]Send a ‘Do Not Track’ request with your browsing traffic" in chrome settings.[/FONT]
I did that & here is my SAS results:
Adware.Tracking Cookie
.doubleclick.net [ C:\USERS\THOMAS PAINE\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
.invitemedia.com [ C:\USERS\THOMAS PAINE\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
ad.yieldmanager.com [ C:\USERS\THOMAS PAINE\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
ad.yieldmanager.com [ C:\USERS\THOMAS PAINE\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
.2o7.net [ C:\USERS\THOMAS PAINE\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
.2o7.net [ C:\USERS\THOMAS PAINE\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
.adinterax.com [ C:\USERS\THOMAS PAINE\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
.adinterax.com [ C:\USERS\THOMAS PAINE\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

26 in all & yes, I had the Do Not Track thingy done.:(

I did that & here is my SAS results:
Adware.Tracking Cookie
.doubleclick.net [ C:\USERS\THOMAS PAINE\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
.invitemedia.com [ C:\USERS\THOMAS PAINE\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

26 in all & yes, I had the Do Not Track thingy done.:(
A lot of sites dont support the Do not track request yet, it is a new thing. What is IEs score? And firefox? Try noscript and adblock in chrome and tell me the results. (while your at it test adblock alone, I am pretty curious my self haha)

A lot of sites dont support the Do not track request yet, it is a new thing. What is IEs score? And firefox? Try noscript and adblock in chrome and tell me the results. (while your at it test adblock alone, I am pretty curious my self haha)
I always include adblock plus on ANY browser I've used. As far as no script goes, I've tried it several times but too confusing to me.
If a browser don't have adblock or wot, I won't use it which is why my SeaMonkey is not being used right now.

I always include adblock plus on ANY browser I've used. As far as no script goes, I've tried it several times but too confusing to me.
If a browser don't have adblock or wot, I won't use it which is why my SeaMonkey is not being used right now.
lol dude we are so similar... I use adblock and I find no script confusing also haha. I like adblock more than adblock plus because it uses less recourses. I also recommend using HTTPS everywhere man.

lol dude we are so similar... I use adblock and I find no script confusing also haha. I like adblock more than adblock plus because it uses less recourses. I also recommend using HTTPS everywhere man.
Ok.:)
When the day comes somebody can find a way to keep those google tracking cookies off my computer, I'll gladly use it again.
At one time google chrome was my default browser, but now, its not on my pc's. Thank you.

Ok.:)
When the day comes somebody can find a way to keep those google tracking cookies off my computer, I'll gladly use it again.
At one time google chrome was my default browser, but now, its not on my pc's. Thank you.
What are your results with IE?

I don't allow 3rd party cookies in any browser & I rarely use IE for anything.
I used to use it for the occasional eset scan till I found out I can do that via firefox.
If thats what you meant by your reply. :)

I don't allow 3rd party cookies in any browser & I rarely use IE for anything.
I used to use it for the occasional eset scan till I found out I can do that via firefox.
If thats what you meant by your reply. :)
Oh right sorry I thought you were using IE as default, forgot you used firefox.

Going back to the original topic, IE 10 wasn't automatically installed, but it was considered an "important" update so I bit the bullet:)

Welcome to the ie10 club!
btw, is your version the one with msn home page and bing search? :)

is your version the one with msn home page and bing search?
Even though Opera is my main browser, I still set IE10 to open with a New Blank Tab. MSN is so bloated with crap, I'd grow irritated real quick waiting on the page to load. To me that would equate to stopping at a service station to fuel up every time I left the house, just to use the vehicle.

Speed Dial is the single most element of Opera that turned me to using Opera as my main browser. Since then I have grown accustomed to the integrated spell-checker, which I noticed is also available in IE10. If only IE10 had a Speed Dial option, I could see myself returning to IE as my main browser. The frequently used links tab, is just not the same thing.

IE10 for Windows 7 shocked me...I expected so much more and got so much less. :(

Problem is, they make the product page look so attractive. The only perk is better security, maybe? :confused:

IE10 for Windows 7 shocked me...I expected so much more and got so much less. :(

Problem is, they make the product page look so attractive. The only perk is better security, maybe? :confused:
Better security is the only reason I upgraded it, I don't use IE. I only use FF,SeaMonkey & Opera.

Back