IE 11 always recovering from TS site

texasrattler

This is the only site that IE 11 is always recovering from. No other site has any issues, just TS. What is going on lately? You guys stop supporting IE or what?

Sounds like the same issues I had when I used Opera. Every time Opera fell just a few versions behind there was always glitches.
You guys stop supporting IE or what?
I doubt that is the case, but honestly it wouldn't surprise me. Especially once Windows 7 looses all support.

IE 11 isnt going anywhere though. Still in use n will be for at least a few more years. I will start to use Edge more, just havent yet.
I am looking into add ons as a issue but I dont even use or add stuff. May need to clear my history n cookies, been awhile. But as I said only the TS site gives me the recovery webpage error.

I would blame MS first IE11 is abit dated. =/
I will check back and make sure its the problem.

Thanks for reporting this. To be completely honest, it's been a while since we have tested IE compatibility but we'll check and get back to you. Are you using it on Windows 7, 8 or 10?

I am using win 10 pro, im on 1803 update.

I will check the links when I get time.

So far the last day or so havent had a issue, dont know why, I havent changed anything yet.

Julio you're Techspot website isn't the problem here, this problem falls back down to Microsoft and its current IE10/11 and MS Edge.
@texasrattler check the 2 links I am posting here read over them and see which one may work best.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...y-errors/430cd5cd-6fd5-4a62-b40c-7fabcfaf7e3c

https://www.computing.net/answers/w...ing-recover-webpage-on-win-10-part-1/793.html
The first link looks promising, will try those. The 2nd link is useless, simply says use another browser. I only use IE for my computer.
As ive said though, I only get the recovery error on the TS site. I do however see, do yo want to display only secure content come up on sites.

Any reason why you use IE knowing that it's an out of date (and not very good) browser?

I have done some preliminary testing. IE 11 didn't crash for me on Windows 10, but it does get slow with many sites including TechSpot. I'm testing further this weekend but in the meantime I wanted to share these notes.

I have done some preliminary testing. IE 11 didn't crash for me on Windows 10, but it does get slow with many sites including TechSpot.

The first link looks promising, will try those.
As ive said though, I only get the recovery error on the TS site. I do however see, do yo want to display only secure content come up on sites.

Some people over there mention to check the privacy settings for IE they said that was part of the problem until they reconfigured that.
Double check with google search and see what comes up.

Just like Julio I didn't have any issues with it but that thing eats cpu usage like its going out of style.
If you are not hell bent to use IE, I would recommend chrome or the recent opera browser.
The only downside to that is chrome gobble-burps system memory like a desert refugee.

Any reason why you use IE knowing that it's an out of date (and not very good) browser?

I have done some preliminary testing. IE 11 didn't crash for me on Windows 10, but it does get slow with many sites including TechSpot. I'm testing further this weekend but in the meantime I wanted to share these notes.
It's not out of date, it's just legacy but MS has said it'll still be used for a few more yrs till Edge takes fully over. I used Edge a few yrs back but not a lot of things supported it, even some games like Battlefield wouldn't work with it. Most of that has all changed, I just never switched back to it.
I have no reason to switch to any other browser if that's what you want to know. Im fine with whatever MS uses.
But as I said, TS is the ONLY site I have got the recovery error from. My settings have always been the same. No other site has ever given me that error.
I will be looking into some of the links that have been posted when I get more time. Likely after the weekend when im off.

Just a update. Still using IE 11. The issue went away, have no idea why. I still did one thing, turned off smooth scrolling. While I wasn't having the issue at the moment I turned it off, most said it should help. I did it and sites feel a bit smoother with it off but could just be a placebo effect.

Back