IE 7 is very slow

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what's changed on my machine, but when I access a particular site IE is very slow. I have remoted into the server and tried it there with no problem (IE 6). I have tried it with Firefox from my machine and not had a problem either. It is a customized Sharepoint site. I have tried it from another person's machine and they have IE 6 and it is slow as well. I have taken the liberty of attaching a Hijackthis log. Please help when you can.

Thanks.

I'm seeing that you may not have the latest version of adobe or the latest version java script installed.
(read all directions provided when updating both programs.- ie uninstalling necessary earlier programs)
There appears to be a lot going on with your hijack script that I have a good idea can be easily resolved. NOT being the experienced tech that others are in this forum these two suggestions would be the only ones I would be prepared to offer.
Lots of Luck!

Regards.

Bill is quite right - your HJT log shows quite a bit going on.
Like Bill, I am not trained in malware removal.

That being said, please follow this: 8-step malware removal guide

Use the following information ONLY IF malware prevents obtaining tools listed in the above guide. Using HJT - Fix Check to remove only pieces of malware can reduce the effectiveness of the tools. Malware partially disabled permits re-infection.
The o6 HJT item indicates registry changes affecting the browser.
The "reg add" & "reg del" couplet indicates a strategy to conceal itself.

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://intramch/kiosk
O4 - HKLM\..\Policies\Explorer\Run: [1] cmd /c %APPSERVE%\logondir\polfixit-ad9a.bat
O4 - HKLM\..\Policies\Explorer\Run: [2] reg add HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\Kerberos\Parameters /v MaxTokenSize /t REG_DWORD /d 64000 /f
O4 - HKLM\..\Policies\Explorer\Run: [3] reg delete HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run /v POLFixit /f
O4 - HKCU\..\Policies\Explorer\Run: [1] "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE"
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: Domain = federated.fds
O17 - HKLM\Software\..\Telephony: DomainName = federated.fds
O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: Domain = federated.fds
O17 - HKLM\System\CS2\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: Domain = federated.fds
O17 - HKLM\System\CS3\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: Domain = federated.fds
Remarks:
o17 entries are not recognized by robtex.com
User may have established this for local network.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back