IE running slow

Status
Not open for further replies.
My internet exploer has started running really slow. Websites load very slow but once loaded I can browse the pages of that site with no problem. When I try to access another site the problem starts all over again. I have done McAfee scans and they have turned up nothing. Attached is a copy of my high jack this log.

Thanks for any help.

I think your Dell has come with Mcafee AntiVirus
Mcafee can slow down the best of computers :( , and doesn't get a good report (generally) on its detection rate

An alternative Antivirus that I recommend is Avira free Antivirus (also being in the 8-Step guide)
Once installed you may want to do an update, and then run a full scan (I would ;))

Your Choice: (but you can only have 1 AntiVirus)
Uninstall your McAfee Antivirus
Then run the McAfee Removal Tool

Run Startup Control Panel and remove any not required startups too

Also it may be best to go through this guide: UPDATED 8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions

I hope this helps you :)

You have about 40 Windows startups and about another 20 service startups in there, it could be more :)

By the way, you decided to (user choice :)) stay with Mcafee :confused:
You must wonder why I don't have it. Anyway, I understand if you feel you have paid money for it, or you actually believe it's better than free Avira (obviously I definitely don't)

I think you are best to remove as many startups as possible (I have 1 startup if that help ;))

Have a look at this free program: http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml
I can't read a log when its that big, maybe someone else wants to

Edit:

Oh I just noticed that you now have Mcafee and Avira installed
Maybe read what I posted above to you again ;)

I thought I had removed McAfee. I uninstalled and used the removel tool you posted above. Maybe I did something wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back