IE8 can't log on

don3030

Hi out there
I cannot log on to web with IE8 yet diagnostics says no problem found. i have google chrome which came with another program that runs perfectly. I need to access emails that use IE8 but cant. I was able to use IE8 then something happened somewhere, maybe its chrome I dont know.
any ideas welcome

cheers

don3030

Hi computerpete
I need 5 posts to be able to send a post with links etc so please read my next post it this works
cheers

don3030

hello com/pete
basicially this is what I did see what you think

Problem: IE8 does not work
Am running winxp 32bit IE8.
I am using wireless broadband, router is a netgear wnr2000

the story goes... IE8 was running fine. I decided to burn a home movie to dvd but did not have the software. So I downloaded free shampoo(burning software) and when it installed, it also installed Google Chrome, I did not have a choice to refuse G\Chrome.
I think at this time IE stopped working. My broadband is perfect but IE cannot open a page. when I diagnose it windows did not detect any problems
as you can see below
Last diagnostic run time: 12/03/10 20:38:18 HTTP, HTTPS, FTP Diagnostic
HTTP, HTTPS, FTP connectivity

info HTTP: Successfully connected to www.microsoft.com.
info FTP (Passive): Successfully connected to ftp.microsoft.com.
info HTTPS: Successfully connected to www.microsoft.com.

I disabled add-ons to see but no joy ,there are only a couple anyway. I restored advanced settings to default aswell but no joy.
I then removed the Shampoo software and it automaticially removed Google Chrome (I was not able to remove GC on its own).
I un-installed IE8, re-installed it but no joy. I un-installed it again and installed IE7. and no joy.
I have Mozilla Firefox on an ext. drive so I installed it and its working fine. As i have several programs that use IE its difficult to work arround.
I have no idea what to do next. If you can give me some direction here it would be very much appreciated.

cheers

don3030

Go in my computer then network and to see if you are connected to the internet if your connected phone your ISP and ask them are experience problems at their end,when you have done that get back to me.

ok
I have resolved the issue.
I am running AVG internet security subscription so I ventured into the firewall settings and IE was set to "allow for safe" so I changed to allow for all and hey presto were sorted

cheers

don3030

ok
I have resolved the issue.
I am running AVG internet security subscription so I ventured into the firewall settings and IE was set to "allow for safe" so I changed to allow for all and hey presto were sorted

cheers

don3030

Back