IEXPLORER.EXE crashes my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

deanlaing12

Whenever an application on ym pc opens internet IEXPPLORER.EXE wther it being the browser or an in game browser my computer crashes.

what iv done to try to resolve:

Virus cheked with ur step by step guide
repair my pc using the installation cd
delete IEXPLORER.EXE and then re install
Registry cure
make another account and try
online spyware/trojan watcher
stopped all unnessesary applications oppening
uninstalling un nessesary programs.
Uninstall programms im unsure about.

Im running:
Windows XP Home Edition
Speed Touch router/modem
AOL

What else can i try?

I dont know what to do, iv tryd dissabling some services but it dosnt help ether.

It is like my computer is incompatlible with the software but iv had it for ages befour and nothing ever went wrong till now.

Iv searchd on google and i cant seem to find anyone with the same problem.

It happend after i automaticaly installed iexplorer 8 but then i uninstalled it because of the problem and now im back at internet explorer 7

It only happens every second time i open internet explorer. (only)

So now iv moved to firefox but some application automaticly open internet explorer even though firefox is set to default.

What can i do to stop the crash?

(whgat ahppens?):

Computer crashes slowly and then the taskbar freezes and i cant click on any applications.

Best way to stop the crash is to find out what's causing it. I don't know what "computer crashes slowly" means and you don't mention any error messages: You will be looking in the Event Viewer to see if there is an Error at the time of the crash/freeze:

Start> Run> type in eventvwr

Do this on each the System and the Applications logs:
[1]. Click to open the log>
[2]. Look for the Error>
[3] .Right click on the Error> Properties>
[4]. Click on Copy button, top right, below the down arrow >
[5]. Paste here (Ctrl V)
[6].Notes:
  • You can ignore Warnings and Information Events.
  • If you have a recurring Error with same ID#, same Source and same Description, only one copy is needed.
  • You don't need to include the lines of code in the box below the Description, if any.
  • Please do not copy the entire Event log.

Errors are time coded. Check the computer clock on crash and freeze.

I may be able to help when I see this.

A request please> this is not a chat room or an instant messaging program, so please don't use the abbreviations you use in those places.

I mean my conputer crashel slowly as in:

first the application with iexplorer.exe crashes (stops working)
then when i click on another application it stops too.

then after the first click the whole computer just freezez.

i cant click on anything, there are no error messages, nothing pro prove there was an error because all you can do it turn off the computer at the wall.

I have absolutly no viruses or trojans that i know of bcause iv always kept my pc clean and up to date.

it was as soon as iexplorer 8 started my computer just totaly became a brik if i used iexplorer the second time in a loggin.

That is correct, my computer becoms another stone in the wall.

So basicly:

i cant do an event search when this happens.

My hardware is perfectly normal.

The only thing i can think of is if someone uploaded a virus to my bios which can run secretly when computer runs.

Any ideas yet?

I think im the only one in the world with this problem..... (it sucks i tell you that)

Please follow my previous suggestion to look for a corresponding Error in the Event Viewer. something is causing this freeze and crash- the Event Viewer will help determine what that is.

Also advise uninstall IE8, go back to IE7. Once you get the system stabilized, you can try IE8 again. Understand that you do not have to use IE8. And if you want to try another browser, this would be a good time to do it:

I use Firefox and have had very good performance. So you could use Firefox and IE7- just make one of them the default. (the browser set as the default is the one links will open from)

Firefox: The most current version is v3.5.1. Read about it and see a video here:
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/upgrade.html

Ok sorry i was on holiday....

I have multiple diffrent errors and i will post one of each event code.

[1].Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7026
Date: 10/08/2009
Time: 17:35:06
User: N/A
Computer: DEAN
Description:
The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
Lbd

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

[2].Event Type: Error
Event Source: DCOM
Event ID: 10005
Date: 05/08/2009
Time: 00:04:11
User: DEAN\Dean is Number 1!
Description:
DCOM got error "The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. " attempting to start the service MDM with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{0C0A3666-30C9-11D0-8F20-00805F2CD064}

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

[3]. Event Type: Error
Event ID: 7034
Date: 04/08/2009
Time: 21:45:44
Description:
The AOL Connectivity Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s).

[4]. Event Type: Error
Event ID: 7000
Date: 04/08/2009
Time: 21:33:21
Description:
The APR service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

[5]. Event Type: Error
Event ID: 7011
Date: 01/08/2009
Time: 16:43:29
Description:
Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for a transaction response from the NVSvc service.

[6]. Event Type: Error
Event Source: BITS
Event ID: 16391
Date: 30/07/2009
Time: 17:53:02
Description:
The BITS job list is not in a recognized format. It may have been created by a different version of BITS. The job list has been cleared.

I use firefox all the time but generaly after i stop playing a game it will take me to the main website (opening i.e. to do this automaticly)

Boot into Safe Mode
  • Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard.
  • Select the Safe Mode option when the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, and then press ENTER.
You need to reset some of the Services as follows:

Start> Run> type in services.msc
Find each of the following Services> on each do a right click> then Properties> reset the Startup type as given:

For Error #7026, Lbd Service failed to start:
This is related to AdAware> Set to Automatic

For Error #10005, DCOM failed/MDM
Make sure the following Services are set as given:
Protected Storage: Automatic
RPC: Automatic
Security Accounts Manager: Automatic
Machine Debug Manager MDM: Automatic
(If MDM is set correctly:
See Line 300 on the left here: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm)

For Error #7034, AOL Connectivity Service:
Set AOL ACS to Automatic

For Error 16391, BITS:
This one concerns me the most. Some malware is getting into systems using BITS, so I want you to just check the setting first:
Background Intelligent Service (BITS): set to Manual

Close and Reboot into Normal Mode.

All I could find for APR was apr.sys:
APR.SYS has been the subject of the following behavior:

* Created as a new Background Service on the machine
* Loaded and Executed as a System Driver File
* Deleted as a process from disk
It appears to be related to the game KnightsOnline. There is a very lengthy discussion of it here:
http://forum.knightonlineworld.com/forum_en//lofiversion/index.php?t211408.html

IF you can find a Service that matches APR> disable the Startup when you are in Safe Mode doing the other Service settings. We will see what this does.

Please let me know how the system is working after completing the above.

Ok

Apr is part of knightonline, it was used to stop hacking, they deleted it so i can forget about that.

I dont have ad awar anymore, it was slowing my computer down when i was using games etc....

error 16391 (bits) was alredy set to manual

There was an MDM and an MDM Locator so i set both to automatic.

When i rebooted and tried ie the problem got worse, it crashed on the first opening of IEXPLOARER.EXE

If it makes a diffrence im up to date on everything, using sp3

(this is something i should have mentiond befour but i didnt think....)

Occasionaly when i was playing games, i noticed automatic updates was running and it was downloading updates but when i double clicked on them to see what they were, they closed or hid so i havent a clue what it was downloading.

I bring this up now because you day im infected with malware, even after malware bytes scann....

when i was searching for the error codes a phew posts back there was no errors or warnings in the internet exploarer section of that windows. so i clicked on system and i found all these errors, was it the right thing to do?

(Sorry if i have been going round and round)

You're going to need assistance in Virus and Malware Removal. We're short of people here right now, so if you would like to try and clean the system up, click on my link above.

Then follow the directions HERE.

Occasionaly when i was playing games, i noticed automatic updates was running and it was downloading updates but when i double clicked on them to see what they were, they closed or hid so i havent a clue what it was downloading.

This is NOT good.I recommend you take everything off of automatic updating except for the antivirus program.

Would you leave your front door open all the time and let anyone who passed by come into your house, use your personal items, help themselves to all yous supplies? Probably not but that's exactly what you did with the updates!

Ok so i did this all befour and i got fed up with it.

I formatted my pc and now ie8 is working perfectly with no problems.

Im sorry to run you rouind in circles but when ur in my situation you crave the game and you crave the work i do. (photoshop ftw!)

However indoing all this i have learned quite a bit and im another step closer to helping.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back