I'm new to OC, I am going if my computer can handle it?

I have a ECS G31T-M7, Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 2.50GHz, DDR2 2GB ram and GeForce GT 630 1GB.

I just going to ask if my computer can handle the OC? And if it can? Can it reach 3.0 GHz? Just asking

If you have a good CPU cooler and an air conditioned room, I see no reason why you can't reach 3.0 GHz. A well ventilated case plays an important roll as well.

I had a Q9400@2.66 GHz and without air conditioning, I was able to maintain a 3.2GHz OC. But I couldn't have clocked as high on a stock cooler though.

I have a ECS G31T-M7, Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 2.50GHz, DDR2 2GB ram and GeForce GT 630 1GB.

I just going to ask if my computer can handle the OC? And if it can? Can it reach 3.0 GHz? Just asking
As with @cliffordcooley 's response you just need to have a little more than a stock cooler to be able to handle an overclock. Normally 3ghz on a Core 2 Quad is achievable with just a little bit of effort while keeping temps down.

How would I know if my stock cooler is good for OC? And I don't know how to OC, Are there any videos or tips that you guys can give me? I'm not comfortable with those tutorials on youtube.

If u bought the computer at a store it has a stock cooler and can not be over clocked.

Back