"In Line" Audio Problem

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium

A few months ago, I had purchased an INSTEN Composite AV Cable for Sony PlayStation 1/2/3 and INSTEN 3.5mm Stereo to 2 RCA Cable M/F, 6 Inch/15 Cm, Black. With these I connected the sound from my PlayStation 3 through the Audio In jack on my computer. This allowed for an audio transfer from PlayStation 3 into computer and out the Speaker Jack in the back.

This has worked fine until February 3rd, 2014. On February 2nd, 2014 I had changed my 250 W power supply for a 450 W power supply. That day everything worked perfectly, however the next day I heard a humming and the sound was messed up. I found out the cause was the power supply, I changed out the new power supply for my old one. Now my audio is messed up.

I hear what sounds like an echo in the sound. If I have the speaker volume set to 25, I can hear the sound fine, but only in the left speaker. Any higher, I hear interference and it sounds like it is being muffled.

The other problem is I can't play any music or sound without the Stereo Cable being plugged in. Also, the port is being labled as In Line in my Realtek HD Audio Manager.

If there is anything that I need to add, let me know.

Back