Increase in BSODs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I recently switched from Vista x86 to Windows 7 x64. In vista I used to get bsod's infrequently, but now after switching to Windows 7 they happen several times a day.

I noticed one page fault, which is what I used to get in vista, but the others are new to me.

My system specs:
CPU: Q6600
MB: Asus P5Q-E
RAM: Mushkin HP2-6400 2x2gb

I've attached my most recent minidumps, any help would be appreciated.

Could you please do us a favor and Zip five of your most recent dumps into one Zip folder. Thanks.

One error is 0xA and these are caused either by hardware or a driver attempting a higher IRQ Level it has no business addressing or "calling."

Another error is 0xD1 and these are usually caused by faulty drivers or mismatched or faulty RAM.

* Both cited the Windows OS driver NETIO.sys as the prbable cause of your crashes and this driver's function is networking inout/output. The thing is that with Windows OS drivers they are usually too general to be of much help.

Two of your errors are 0x50: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

* Again, only Windows OS drivers were cited.

Your final error is 0x1A: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

This memory management error is usually hardware related. An OS driver was once again cited but something of interest came up in the minidump. It said "The PTE of an outswapped kernel thread stack are corrupt."

From MSN:

System PTEs, like all PTEs, represent addresses in the system address space; they are a system resource. There are only so many per system. These "system PTEs" are "dynamic slots" in the system address space map, which means that a range of addresses are reserved in the system address space and are used to map pages on demand and assign an address to a buffer, or they are used for system thread stacks.

* Probably the best recourse at this juncture in light of your errors and the amount of times you have been receiving BSODs is to run Memtest on your memory. This is completely safe and free. See this link and read the tutorial and follow the steps: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

* Get back to us with the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back