Infinity Ward bans 1600+ Modern Warfare 3 cheaters

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Not to be outdone by EA and their ban hammer tactics to handle cheaters in Battlefield 3, Infinity Ward has doled out bans of their own for Modern Warfare 3 cheaters to the tune of 1600+. Robert Bowling, part of Infinity Ward’s creative strategist team, made the announcement via Twitter.

The tweet specifically says that any attempt to cheat, hack or glitch in Modern Warfare 3 will not be tolerated and that 1600+ bans have already been issued. Updates to fix various exploits are in the works and he encourages users to continue to report offenders.

As was the case with reporting cheaters in Battlefield 3, you’ll be most effective if you can provide proof. This includes a screenshot or video evidence of someone cheating or glitching. Of course, since all stats are recorded, the team can verify and detect cheating without video evidence.

Furthermore, Bowling acknowledged that the severity of a ban is based on the level of cheating. Or as he put it in his own language, “every ban unique to the level of douchiness of the offense. The greater the douche the greater the length. PermaDouche possible.”

Although 1600 bans sounds like a lot, it’s hardly a drop in the proverbial bucket when you consider how many copies of the game have been sold; 6.5 million in the first 24 hours, bringing in over $400 million. Sales figures have since increased to $775 million over a five day period, although actual numbers sold weren’t released.

Permalink to story.

i'm a PC gamer, so CoD died after 4 for me. COD MW2 was ok .. didn't even bother to pirate MW3 .. cuz i knew i would not spend more then 2 minutes trying it!

enjoying BF3 on PC right now :)

i didnt have to attend school to not play, i actually bought the game and got Disc unsupported error. Now unable to play, i got banned, after microsoft retracted the ban due to the fact the game flagged me for a ban i just decided to return it and get my money back, in cash. And i decided call of duty is no longer in my interests. so with the sixty dollars i purchased nice collegiate paper, with a frame and some impressive ink for the printer and on photoshop i created a nice degree which specifically details.

I _______ Have completed purchasing Modern Warfare 3, And i have graduated with the most extensive honor EVER. To surpass that of a doctorate and Collegiate. Thus Naming _______ The Master of The Universe, Of not playing Modern Warfare 3.

Bow before me.

@Tomorrow_Rains, you played/tried to play the game so you already failed at not playing. I think you'll have to start over at community college and get a certificate. Or, if you're serious about your education, you could always get an associates and transfer to a 4 year if it's that important.

All online games are hacked pc based even ones in beta
first hacked was vietcong , warrock is the worst and there admins all suck at doing nothing but tell kids on chat to stfu and thats not cool to say that.and if you piss off a admin they ban your account lost one account that was stolen and no help from admins and other got ban because they did not like my post both off them were paid accounts loss of money due to retarded admins with visions of being gods in game. My thoughts are loosers in game with no hope for game had punkbuster at first and lot of admins doing removel of hackers then went to hackshield and we call it jokeshield that dont detect hackers.

how bout instead of banning players you release a game that isn't full of glitches.

artix said:
ramonsterns said:
Cota said:
Prosercunus said:
I banned myself from the Call of Duty franchise.

Good for you, i have a masters degree on not playing it.

Well, I have a doctorate. So there.

I am pretty much an Einstein when it comes to not playing the latest of CoD series! :p

Glad i failed cause single player was fun for me,much better than MW 2.

yRaz said:
@Tomorrow_Rains, you played/tried to play the game so you already failed at not playing. I think you'll have to start over at community college and get a certificate. Or, if you're serious about your education, you could always get an associates and transfer to a 4 year if it's that important.

That seems like too much work, i'll just go to a technical college and be done in 6 to 9 weeks. then i can go ahead and hang that technical degree next to my fake one. hopefully the employment market is quite substantial.

Really 6.5 million? They must not play multiplayer or they are all on consoles I didn't even see 500 on the servers the other night lol

At least the people banned are mostly people who actually cheated. I still remember how I haven't played a FPS for so long so when I started playing Crossfire, I played in the newbie server. Apparently I still was pretty good enough that I was slaughtering the newbies. Of course the result of that was I was kicked and banned from some of the channels for cheating when I really did not. Fun times...

artix said:
ramonsterns said:
Cota said:
Prosercunus said:
I banned myself from the Call of Duty franchise.

Good for you, i have a masters degree on not playing it.

Well, I have a doctorate. So there.

I am pretty much an Einstein when it comes to not playing the latest of CoD series! :p

Incredible :'D I would say something about "battlefield 3 being better" but i'm sure we're all tired of this arguement already.

Incredible :'D I would say something about "battlefield 3 being better" but i'm sure we're all tired of this arguement already.

Dear sir or Madam,

I regret to inform you that due to the features, playability, awesomeness and just plain customization of players and vehicles. Battlefield 3 surpasses the Overpriced Expansion pack called "Modern Warfare 3".

Sincerely,
Jigglypuff

p.s. Argue with me and i'll sing.

Back