InFocus unveils the Kangaroo Mobile Desktop Pro

Jos

Staff

InFocus garnered has a good deal of attention with its line of mini PCs, the $100 Kangaroo PC and more powerful $170 Kangaroo Plus. Now the company is adding a Pro version which is virtually identical to the original $100 model, but comes with a new Pro Dock that offers more options for connecting storage, displays, and networks.

The smartphone-sized PC measures about 4.9″ x 3.2″ x 0.5″ and features an Intel Atom x5-Z8500 Cherry Trail processor, 2GB of RAM, and 32GB of internal storage, a built-in four-hour battery, and a fingerprint reader for Windows Hello. While that's not an incredibly powerful setup it will do just fine for light day to day computing tasks.

The dock, however, is much bigger this time around to make space for a VGA, an HDMI, and an Ethernet port, along with one USB 3.0, two USB 2.0 and a headphone jack. Users can also unscrew the dock’s bottom plate and install a 2.5-inch internal hard drive.

You can use the original Kangaroo with the new Dock Pro, though unfortunately InFocus is not selling the new Dock Pro separately.

The company also updated its accompanying app which allows an iPad to serve as a screen for the Kangaroo, adding support for the iPhone as well -- though running Windows 10 on an iPhone display will likely be far from an enjoyable experience.

The Kangaroo Mobile Desktop Pro starts at $199.99 and will be available from Amazon, Newegg and Microsoft Store.

Permalink to story.

I can't say I love the product as it is right now but it's really interesting where they are heading.

It's a big question for me why they are not selling the dock on it's own... the idea of this is to take your kangaroo with you and just plug it in wherever you want right? So why would 2 different kangaroos + 2 docks help in any way? They should be selling additional docks right?

Back