Inkjet multi-function printer

My Canon Pixma MX882 is notorious for its B200 error. I can clear it. I have cleaned the print-head. I have cleaned the interior. It will not print. I need it to print so the fax-report can release the fax-memory light, so I can use the fax too. After hitting the fax button or print, the indicator shows the process is working, then I hear a distinct sound, like a playing card hitting a table 3 times before the process ends and the B200 error appears. I tried using the rear feeder too--that's not wotking at all. Is it time to add this device to the sidewalk pick-up?

Try soaking printhead in alcohol overnight and clearing out the "dead ink" reservoir.

ps I gave up on inkjets after I junked my 3rd one and now only have laser.

If those suggestions don't work it is a good idea to recycle it. I can generally fix my computer but I bought a Canon all in one, that wasn't printing, thinking it would just need the head cleaning then a reset. How wrong can you be? New print heads are silly money and I cut my losses.

Try soaking printhead in alcohol overnight and clearing out the "dead ink" reservoir.

ps I gave up on inkjets after I junked my 3rd one and now only have laser.

Thank you for these tips. I'll try the overnight soak as you say, I have located a foam pad at the bottom right of the machine. It's small enough to put a handy-wipe in there, but too small to do a thorough cleaning job. I use a HP Laserjet for printing. It cost $50, and still makes good prints on a 3-4 year old cartridge.

Back