Install Windows 7 on a Windows 8 machine?

Saudate

Good day fellow Techspotters :) I need your help!

I have an Acer Aspire 471G laptop running on Windows 8 Pro 64bit.
I wanted to install Windows 7 on a separate partition I created (50 GB), so I restarted my PC and booted to the BIOS. I went to the Boot Tab and saw the following boot order...

Boot Mode: UEFI
1. Windows Boot Manager
2. HDD
3. ATAPI DVD RAM
4. USB FDD
5. Network Boot
6. USB HDD
7. USB CD/DVD

I also noticed on another tab that Secure Boot is DISABLED.

How do I reorder these boot sequence properly so I can directly boot to my DVD drive and install Windows 7?

Help? Anyone?

Thank you!

The option to change it should be on that same tab. You will obviously want to make the ATAPI first if you intend to boot from the disk. Secure Boot plays no role in regulating boot order. What MOBO do you have?

The option to change it should be on that same tab. You will obviously want to make the ATAPI first if you intend to boot from the disk. Secure Boot plays no role in regulating boot order. What MOBO do you have?

I have a "Phoenix SecureCore Tiano" motherboard.

I tried to rearrange the boot order and placing ATAPI on top. Something like this:
Boot Mode: UEFI
1. ATAPI DVD RAM
2. HDD
3. Windows Boot Manager
4. USB FDD
5. Network Bulk
6. USB HDD
7. USB CD/DVD

But nothing happened. My laptop just proceeded with the normal boot and started Windows 8.
Dunno why?

Thanks!

Do you have the bootable disk in the drive first? If you do, PC will pick this up and prompt you to 'press any button to boot from cd'.

Do you have the bootable disk in the drive first? If you do, PC will pick this up and prompt you to 'press any button to boot from cd'.
Sadly enough, my Windows 7 setup CD was inserted when I did this :(and nothing still nothing happened.

UPDATE

I tried to change the Boot Mode from UEFI to Legacy BIOS and restarted my PC. My laptop finally loaded Windows 7 Setup! :D

BUT :confused: :confused:

When I chose the partition I created to install Windows 7 on, I got an error message showing this message:

"Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk is of GPT partition style."

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME? I'M IN DESPERATE NEED OF ADVICE! :(

Thank you!

how to install windows 7 on a computer with windows 8 using 2 hard disk drives?
detach (sata cable/power cable) hdd or ssd with windows 8 from computer.
attach a hdd or ssd for windows 7 and do installation and activation.
re-attach (sata cable/power cable) hdd or ssd with windows 8.

from bios, select default primary boot drive to load your preferred OS.
or press a certain function key to select boot drive.
(maybe F2 (some intel mobos) , F11 (some ecs mobos), or whatever; read motherboard manual for exact function key.)

however, if you only have one hdd, the proper way of windows installation is to install windows 7 first (on primary partition), then dual boot with windows 8 (on another partition) and NOT windows 8, then windows 7.

Back