Installed new power port

caabruss

If i switch the wires around on my power post would it start?
all I get is the power button lites up but I get no bios screen.
Thank for any input. Also the fan comes on.

Power port

Toshbia a-105 laptop have a power port that plugs into the mb and I think I may have switch the + and - wires around, if that happen would it stop it fun working and jet the power lite still come on and the fan, but no Bios Screen?

Yes you could try switching the + and -... Most motherboards are protected from this at least for a while. Does the screen stay black always? If so this could be another issue

No, the power port, the hole that the plug-in adaptor goes into to run and or charge the battery. It one of those that are not soldered on to the mb it has wires that plug-in to the mother board and I think I may have swapped the two wire revising the polarity of the system. If I did would the system not start not even the bios screen shows up. nor does the screen flicker or anything. all that happen is the power button light flashes and I can hear the CD rom and the system fan comes on.

The question is would it possible that I swapped those two wires?

"The question is would it possible that I swapped those two wires?"...
Yes, but why did you have to mess with these wires in the first place? Where you just replacing a broken DC jack? The replaceable wired DC jack assemblies have a key on the motherboard connector socket to ensure proper positioning, but this key way is easily defeated if you don't pay close attention to it. It is possible that you burned out the motherboard by reversing the wires

The plastic tip that hold the port in were broken, so I had to replace the jack with one from Radio Shack the goes thru the housing and is held in by a nut on the inside and a outer ring on the outside. SO do you know if I switch the two wire that it would not start up but some light would come on and the CD rom would spine?

There's only 2 wires, red and black right? If the laptop doesn't work right, swap the wires. If it still won't boot, you may have trashed the motherboard. Is that clearer now?

I know I could do that , I was hoping someone met have ran into this and could confirm it before I trash the motherboard if that be the case.

It looks as if I will just have to try it and see what happens,

Thanks for your time, LORD BLESS

Back