Installing Norton Internet Security 2011 - new laptop with McAffee trial

Hi all

very new to computer technics , have a new dell Mini inspiron laptop already loaded with 30 day mcaffee security trial . Wish to load norton internet security 2011.
there is about 5 days left of trial security - can i load 12 months of norton now ?
I have the product number to feed into data as there is no disc load on this laptop.

Why don't you do yourself a favor, and your computer and not use either Norton or McAfee. Go with a free program like Microsoft Security Essentials, or there are many others that are free and good... With many of us here "Norton", and "McAfee" raise the hair on the backs of our necks! For good reason and great experience with both

Galah from Oz

Hi again

Ok thanks for advice - microsoft security essentials is a free program which begs the question : Why are we paying for norton and mcaffee . ? Is it supposedly a better security . ?

my software is microsoft windows 7 - so i am inclined to agree with your advice - the microsoft security would have to be more compatable .

Does it matter if there are a few days of mcaffee remaining when i load new security. ?

Yes just go into Programs and Features in the Control Panel and uninstall McAfee now. Run Windows Update until all updates are installed. You might have to keep hitting "Check for Updates" until no more are found. Microsoft Security Essentials should be installed when you are asked...

"Does it matter if there are a few days of mcaffee remaining when i load new security?"...
No it doesn't matter, but you could really uninstall it now

Malwarebytes, is not an antivirus program. Microsoft Security Essentials is. I like free SuperAntispyware better than Malwarebytes

Back