Installing Office 21 on a machine that has Office 365

Hi

I just want to know, I currently have office 365 on my laptop with outlook ect all setup. If I install office 2021 will everything automatically move over to 2021 once I install it?

What do you mean everything? Typically when you install new software it makes it the default for the type file it uses.

Install Office 2021, check that your Word documents etc still open then uninstall Office 365. You are moving from a subscription service to a single purchase. Office 2021 won't update without payment for a new version though. You'll receive occasional security updates for Office 2021.

Yes the problem is you've already paid for 365 and now you've purchased 2021 which isn't cheap at least the Professional version.

Buy a new Windows PC and it will likely have Office 365 installed for a short free trial period. Microsoft hope you will subscribe after the trial but that is not the only option. There are free alternatives that do the job pretty well or you can purchase Office 2021.

I just bought a PC and I already have a 365 license which synced during setup. At work I have both 365 and Office 2016.

Back