Installing Windows 7 BSOD

North

OK, I bought a new kit. I pulled the MB (xfx nvidea 740a , OCZ SLI Ready 4GB 2x2GB DDR2 800MHz PC2 6400 , and phenom 9500.

I had no problem installing the new Z87-pro with I7-4770 with a sapphire 7770, it is up and running first try.

The old kit was installed into moms tower/psu
There is no Video card, and NO other cards installed at this time.

Despite making no changes (other than I took out the 7770), I did receive a bios checksum fail (once)
Now I have been unable to install Windows 7 Home premium x64

During installation. I was receiving
PFN_LIST_CORRUPT 0x0000004E (0x0000000000000099)
I pulled out the ram, reseated one of the 2 (closest to cpu)
and ran memtest no errors found.

I reloaded the windows 7 setup in safe mode.
and the install goes further, and I get

PAGE_FAULT_IN-NON-PAGE_AREA
stop: 0x00000050 (0xFFFFF6FC007F8000, 0X0000000000000000, 0xFFFFF8000C4D9D27.0

Still no OS,

I have a friend trying to bootstrap sata drivers to an install disk, thinks that the 3rd party drivers are causing the problem.

I was sure it was ram, I have ran memtest86+-5.01. on the 1 stick of ram, and have seen no errors. I have not tested the other one, but I receive the same error with either and or both.

I suspect a conflict with the (xfx nvidea 740a) settings.
my next step will be to install the 7770 and see if it works with a video card, and the on board video disabled. I am not holding my breath.

I could hook the drive up to the old comp and run a scan, any suggested programs to scan a drive?

I believe I have ruled out the HD, and sata controllers, I swapped the HD for an old 500gb IDE hd.
Same symptoms. but the hd is a 1 TB Seagate barracuda
now trying to find a video card, so I can disable the onboard video. and check results.

I know Seagate is bad, and I will probably not do that again. have had better luck with WD.
is there any chance that Bios settings on a board like this could cause that?
is there any chance a buggered on board video could do this?
is there any chance a buggered PSU could cause this?
is there any chance a cracked MB could cause this?

I got the computer to load with a x32 windows, would still like the 64 to load, and still no clue what the 64 will not load. However at least it looks like everything works. Ish

If the AMD CPU is 64 bit, you should have no problem installing Windows 7 64-bit. The motherboard is getting old so it might be your problem now

Is there a jumper on the board, what would protect or unprotect the bios?
is there a jumper on the board or a setting that would limit it to 32 bit?
I found a hard drive setting to disable 32 bit transfer on the HD, does not appear to e what I needed

The bios is entered by pressing a keyboard key like DEL, F1 or something. If you haven't set a password to protect the bios you should be able to enter it. A bios jumper is used to clear the bios and that hard drive setting is used to limit the size of the drive

I have been in the bios plenty the last while. I do not think you understood. I tried to flash the bios.

there is a setting someplace in the bios (or in the jumpers that is preventing me from flashing the bios

You can look in the motherboard manual for this info. Are you trying to update the bios by using a floppy, flash drive or through Windows?

Was just burning ISO to cd, tried to burn to USB, and the flash did not work.

one more time for good measure, windows it not currently running, I know I said the 32 installed, but I can not activate my 32 bit enterprise.
and I do not have my home premium 32 burned to dvd yet. hope not to have to install home premium 32

Back