Installing Windows 7 to SSD

vChRiSv

Hey everyone, been a LONGGGG time since I posted. Super busy school term for me. :p

Anyway, I just got myself a SSD (thanks to Black Friday :)), and just had a quick question. Currently, I have my boot drive as a 1TB hard drive, and I have a 2TB data drive. I want to install my copy of Windows 7 onto my SSD. Has anyone ever had any troubles with using the same serial key? Will Microsoft give me any problems with this?

Thanks in advanced! Happy belated Thanksgiving to everyone in the U.S. and happy Black Friday everyone!

So long as you own a legal copy of Windows 7 you should be ok, even the OEM version is essentially tied to the motherboard. You might have an issue activating but you can call the Microsoft support number for this to manually activate.

Be sure to use AHCI (not IDE) mode as it is required for Trim support to work.

Thanks, installed Windows no problem.

I was wondering, do have any tips or know any guides for optimizing the space in my SSD? Right now I only have 12 GB of free space on it. Managed to move the Users folder out, and trying to make sure programs auto install on my other drive, but some programs (like MSN) aren't cooperating.

Yup, did that. xD Turns out the method I used to move the Users folder didn't work that well, so stuck in the SSD right now. It's somewhat annoying trying to figure everything out. :p

Back