Intel & AMD

Kdtut'z

Hi

I would like to ask anyone about these processors because I want to build my own PC for office needs editing and I don't know where to start I wanted also a triple monitor setup so I can manage my editing :3 don't know what specs to choose everything can someone help me :) any suggestions will be great helpThanks

To start: Do you have a budget in mind for this build? If so how much can you spend? What Software will you be using for editing? Do you need help on building the whole system or just which processor to choose?
Both AMD and Intel have positives and negatives. We here can help you as much as possible, but you have to give us some more information first.

Basically, Intel CPUs are a couple of years ahead of AMD's as far as efficiency and computing power, so they cost more and perform better. However, AMD's APUs have the best on-CPU graphics, useful for building budget systems without a dedicated graphics card. You should provide some info as to what the machine will be used for and your maximum budget. An office system doesn't need a high-end CPU or graphics card unless you're editing video, so tell us what applications you'll be using, and any other things you'll be doing on it, so we can narrow down the choices.

It matters on your budget. Usually for editing PCs, I recommend going Intel since they are usually king in the rendering department. But then again, it matters what programs you use. You will also need a GPU to power those programs along with the 3 displays. So provide us with a budget and if you want us to recommend a full on PC or just a CPU.

To start: Do you have a budget in mind for this build? If so how much can you spend? What Software will you be using for editing? Do you need help on building the whole system or just which processor to choose?
Both AMD and Intel have positives and negatives. We here can help you as much as possible, but you have to give us some more information first.
Thanks :D for that really I don't know where to start if you want you can give me examples for the specs and I'll review it or maybe I can use that so I can build :D sorry to bother you guys :/
I don't think budget will be a problem all I want is better performance :D

Basically, Intel CPUs are a couple of years ahead of AMD's as far as efficiency and computing power, so they cost more and perform better. However, AMD's APUs have the best on-CPU graphics, useful for building budget systems without a dedicated graphics card. You should provide some info as to what the machine will be used for and your maximum budget. An office system doesn't need a high-end CPU or graphics card unless you're editing video, so tell us what applications you'll be using, and any other things you'll be doing on it, so we can narrow down the choices.
Application After Effects only I just need a new one my PC is very slow hard time on rendering :( so I'm going to give it to my sister for school work, budget wont effect any suggestions of yours if budget matters $3000 below I think

It matters on your budget. Usually for editing PCs, I recommend going Intel since they are usually king in the rendering department. But then again, it matters what programs you use. You will also need a GPU to power those programs along with the 3 displays. So provide us with a budget and if you want us to recommend a full on PC or just a CPU.
yes some I read say Intel best use for editing I just want it to be flexible also for gaming :) and if I choose Intel I don't what's next to match it :( you can recommend any specs on a full PC the best the better $3000 I think

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have any preferred place to purchase from? Sorry I have no knowledge of the Philippines online computer hardware shops =[

Do you have any preferred place to purchase from? Sorry I have no knowledge of the Philippines online computer hardware shops =[
:D yes I think the shop will order outside country and ship it here :D if you have suggestion you can give so I can ask if parts are available here :) I just really want some help because I don't know how to do it I've been searching and I don't understand :/

I think Newegg now ship worldwide for anyone with suggestions. Will the $3000 include shipping?

@misor Aren't you from the Philippines? Can you recommend any stores over there?

Before I can recommend parts @Kdtut'z, I first need to know what programs you use since some hardware is better suited for certain programs.

@misor Aren't you from the Philippines? Can you recommend any stores over there?

Before I can recommend parts @Kdtut'z, I first need to know what programs you use since some hardware is better suited for certain programs.
Ahh I use Adobe AE, PS6, Audition, Illustrator
These

Where are you from and where do you plan to get the parts from?
Good Question Philippines
Application After Effects only

@JC713 You normally see these details.

1. Corsair Carbide Series 200R ATX Mid Tower Case
  2. MSI Z87M-G43 LGA 1150 Z87 uATX Intel Motherboard
  3. Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell 3.5GHz LGA 1150
  4. G.SKILL AEGIS 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 1600
  5. Crucial M550 CT256M550SSD1 2.5" 256GB SATA SSD
  6. Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 ST3000DM001 3TB 7200 RPM Hard Drive
That is less than $1000(US) in the shopping cart for a rough build. If you are wanting something more or less, an explanation would help. I am curious as to the build you are now considering too slow. What is your current specifications? I don't want to make the mistake of suggesting anything you currently have.

That is less than $1000(US) in the shopping cart for a rough build. If you are wanting something more or less, an explanation would help. I am curious as to the build you are now considering too slow. What is your current specifications? I don't want to make the mistake of suggesting anything you currently have.
Woah :D is this ok for a Editing Gaming Build? and can I have 3 monitors for this? what do you mean too slow

@JC713 You normally see these details.
Yeah man I am swamped with work, I can't think or see clearly xD.

Good build so far. Just some suggestions:
1) I would get a Samsung 840 Pro over the Crucial since when you are editing, you need reliability and I know Samsung SSDs are very reliable.
2) As for the HDD, I personally like WD, but Seagate is fine. You need a few HDDs for scratch drives and extra storage. You can partition them if you like.
3) I would get a ASUS Z87 motherboard over the MSI one personally. The Z87 Pro is a good choice.
4) As for GPU, and nVidia or AMD gaming GPU would be fine for your needs. A nVidia GTX 780 or AMD Radeon R9 290 would easily play any games and render nicely in the programs you suggested. If you use ray tracing in After Effects, you will need an nVidia GPU though since it takes advantage of CUDA. The reason I recommended ASUS is because they come with a free backplate :D. EVGA is another good brand though.
5) As for PSU, I would recommend the Corsair HX750.

I hope this helps.

-JC

Woah :D is this ok for a Editing Gaming Build? and can I have 3 monitors for this? what do you mean too slow
That was in reference to your current machine, the one you are giving your sister. At the moment we have no frame of reference as to the machine you are wanting replaced. If you currently have comparable specs to what I listed, you may need more powerful suggestions.

I prefer to shop
1. pc express, multiple branches across mega manila and some provincial cities
2. gaisano interpace, two branches in metro manila, two in Cebu, three in Cagayan de Oro city, and others.
3. cdrking for el cheapo products.

other stores in metro manila with or without provincial branches:
pcgilmore
pccorner
villman
octagon

if the Philippine poster would like to prefer SM mall, then SM Cyberzone is where the action is.
try to window shop in Ayala Mall complex including Greenbelt in Makati city or try to look for items in the many computer stores located in Gilmore Avenue, Quezon city (Gilmore IT Center)

magazine guide for buying computers in the Philippines:
pcbuyer's guide, 120php (150php?)/3 months
HWM Philippines, 150php/month
pcshoppers, 120php
all available in selected National Bookstore branches nationwide and other bookstores/magazine newsstands.

I prefer to shop
1. pc express, multiple branches across mega manila and some provincial cities
2. gaisano interpace, two branches in metro manila, two in Cebu, three in Cagayan de Oro city, and others.
3. cdrking for el cheapo products.

other stores in metro manila with or without provincial branches:
pcgilmore
pccorner
villman
octagon

if the Philippine poster would like to prefer SM mall, then SM Cyberzone is where the action is.
try to window shop in Ayala Mall complex including Greenbelt in Makati city or try to look for items in the many computer stores located in Gilmore Avenue, Quezon city (Gilmore IT Center)

magazine guide for buying computers in the Philippines:
pcbuyer's guide, 120php (150php?)/3 months
HWM Philippines, 150php/month
pcshoppers, 120php
all available in selected National Bookstore branches nationwide and other bookstores/magazine newsstands.
I knew I could rely on you Misor :p.

Yey :D

Does all parts mention will be available in phil? @misor

So these are your suggestions @JC713 and @cliffordcooley
Are there any case other than this that will fit :)
>Corsair Carbide Series 200R ATX Mid Tower Case

As for the motherboard I have choices
>MSI Z87M-G43 LGA 1150 Z87 uATX Intel Motherboard
>ASUS Z87-PRO LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

My CPU will be >Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell 3.5GHz LGA 1150

Ram? >G.SKILL AEGIS 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 1600

And for the GPU
>ASUS DirectCU II OC R9290-DC2OC-4GD5 Radeon R9 290 4GB 512-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
>ASUS GTX780-DC2OC-3GD5 GeForce GTX 780 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Well as @JC713 said about reliability
>Samsung 840 Pro will do

for PSU
>CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply New 4th Gen CPU Certified Haswell Ready

Little Confusing Here? :D Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 ST3000DM001 3TB 7200 RPM Hard Drive

Your asking the pc I was using I can't answer coz I have no knowledge of it hehe but I found this http://www.walmart.com/ip/eMachines-320-GB-EL1333G-01w/13352324

Last edited by a moderator:
Does all parts mention will be available in phil? @misor
pc express carries multiple brands and models.
unfortunately, not all store branch carry the same stocks. you need to go to the store yourself or email/call the particular branch near you.
pc express hotline: 725-8888 ;pc express branches list

as for my experience in the former two branches of pc express in Cebu city (now one remaining), a customer can order a pc component not available yet thru email, told to wait for a month or so, but actual order can be delivered to branch of choice in about a week.
email pcx branch during working hours for best result.
pcx prices are competitive and cheaper than other computer stores.
pc express warranty replacement is the best that I have experienced (pc express shaw-mandaluyong, long time closed pc express pioneer-mandaluyong, pc express jones-Cebu)

gaisano interpace so far offers the cheapest price but unfortunately has limited models compared to vast selection of components offered by pc express.
hard disk drives and entry level graphics cards are priced lower by 200php-500php or more.
gaisano interpace pricelist here.

based on pcx website
1. pc case: corsair 200r, 2800php (not sure if the same as corsair carbide 200r)
2. motherboard: ms z87-g43, 7050php
3. hard disk drive: Seagate 3tb hdd, 8700php but actual price is around 6640php+
4. ssd: Samsung 240gb 840 ssd, 9050php (crucial m500 not listed)
5. ram: gskill ripjaws 8gb, 3750php x2 (aegis model not listed)
6. processor: intel core i7-4770k, 15750php

not listed asus gtx780, amd r9 290x
7a. gpu: Asus GTX770 OC 2gb ddr5 256bit 21760php
7b. gpu: MSI R9 OC (280-16690php) (280X-17930php) 3gb ddr5
7c. gpu: EVGA GTX770 2gb ddr5 SC hdmi 23170php

listed price at the website is not the same as the actual price so you need to download the actual pcx pricelist for verification purposes.
newegg prices are way cheaper than the price offered by any computer store in the Philippines.

Attachments

• price gaisano interpace.pdf
    49.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 4-26-14-new-long_srp price.pdf
    382.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
So these are your suggestions @JC713 and @cliffordcooley
Are there any case other than this that will fit :)
>Corsair Carbide Series 200R ATX Mid Tower Case

As for the motherboard I have choices
>MSI Z87M-G43 LGA 1150 Z87 uATX Intel Motherboard
>ASUS Z87-PRO LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

My CPU will be >Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell 3.5GHz LGA 1150

Ram? >G.SKILL AEGIS 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 1600

And for the GPU
>ASUS DirectCU II OC R9290-DC2OC-4GD5 Radeon R9 290 4GB 512-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
>ASUS GTX780-DC2OC-3GD5 GeForce GTX 780 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Well as @JC713 said about reliability
>Samsung 840 Pro will do

for PSU
>CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply New 4th Gen CPU Certified Haswell Ready

Little Confusing Here? :D Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 ST3000DM001 3TB 7200 RPM Hard Drive
Well, remember, I recommended the ASUS Z87 Pro, but you can search for others if that is not available in the Philippines. It is another option, but I think it is a better option that the uATX board Clifford recommended.

As for the GPU, you have a choice. AMD or nVidia? I think the GTX 780 will be a better choice for your applications just because nVidia driver support tends to be a bit better.

The HDD is once again your choice: WD or Seagate? You may need more than 1 HDD probably since you will need scratch drives.

The RAM that Clifford recommended (G.Skill ram) is good, but if you want another option Corsair RAM is also very good.

To top things off, you may want to get a CPU cooler such as the Hyper 212 Evo, or maybe even a watercooler like the Corsair H100. Once again, you have choices.

Back