Intel Core i5-10600K vs. AMD Ryzen 5 3600 vs. Ryzen 7 3700X

The only thing these reviews are proving to me from a gaming perspective is the i7-7700k is still a capable gaming CPU and there is no reason to look at these new Intel CPUs if you already have an i7-8700/9700. On the AMD side I see no reason to go past the 3600 if all you want is a gaming CPU.

I know the Core i5 is a gaming capable CPU, but if you're going to be using your computer for mostly gaming, you're better off with a Core i7 or i9. i5 is really for productivity and web browsing. The average over 7 games in 1440p looks promising compared to the i7 8700, but if you can get the 9900k , you're best going with the 9900k for future proofing.

I know the Core i5 is a gaming capable CPU...i5 is really for productivity and web browsing.

Your two statements contradict one another and don't match the review's findings

1080p.png

I’m guessing the prices must be a bit different in Australia in the U.K. as the 10600K appears to be coming in £60/£70 cheaper than the 3700X here.

Also after reading this review you would be forgiven for thinking there is barely any difference in gaming between Ryzen and Intel. But this is misleading. The difference in real world scenarios can be a lot bigger and games display more stuttering and other bugs in Ryzen than they do Intel. Digital Foundry have documented this in their 10900K review. Give it a watch because if you are just buying for gaming you will wish reviewers made you aware.

Your two statements contradict one another and don't match the review's findings

#1 No they don't.

#2 I pointed out the 7 game average and then continued to say I'd buy a 9900k instead. Try reading the entire statement before replying.

#3 Does Techspot have a block button beyond the ignore button?

The i5-10600k looks like a very capable gaming CPU. If that‘s your use case, getting this over the new i7 and i9 makes a lot of sense.

I can see why AMD would release Matisse refresh.

The 10600k is listed by Alternate in Germany as available. It costs € 301 vs. 319 for the 3700x and 189 for the 3600. As usual, the latter two come with an HSF. Prices include tax and shipping.

If you include a €30 cooler, that makes the 10600k 57% more expensive than the 3600.
It does not yet include the mainboard cost difference.

Up to the buyer if the performance advantage is worth the additional cost but it does seem like a good gaming CPU.

The difference in real world scenarios can be a lot bigger and games display more stuttering and other bugs in Ryzen than they do Intel. Digital Foundry have documented this in their 10900K review. Give it a watch because if you are just buying for gaming you will wish reviewers made you aware.

This is the first time I've heard of this Stuttering and other bugs since Ryzen has been out.

Try hard much?

This is the first time I've heard of this Stuttering and other bugs since Ryzen has been out.

Try hard much?
Same here to be honest. But digital foundry reported this in their review. They paint a much clearer picture of the difference between these two CPUs when it comes to gaming.

I am only asking that you watch their review, it’s not what I have experienced. However DF is quite respectable outlet. There is no reason to believe they have fabricated anything.

I'm not saying they are making this up, its just if that was a big issue it would have been pointed out by multiple reviews after all these years. Something like that gamers would have picked up on and complained about.

And I did watch the whole video.
There seems to be quite a lot of complaints on reddit about it actually. So gamers have picked these things up and complained about it.

Anyway I’m not trying to have an argument with you I’m calling out the article for not informing users of the real difference between these chips when it comes to gaming. The article is misleading as it does not inform users of the real performance differences as highlighted in DFs video nor do they highlight any of the stuttering and bugs on Ryzen.

There seems to be quite a lot of complaints on reddit about it actually. So gamers have picked these things up and complained about it.

Anyway I’m not trying to have an argument with you I’m calling out the article for not informing users of the real difference between these chips when it comes to gaming. The article is misleading as it does not inform users of the real performance differences as highlighted in DFs video nor do they highlight any of the stuttering and bugs on Ryzen.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe techspot didn't have any of these bugs or stuttering issues on their test rig?

Why do you automatically assume that site is correct and not this one?

And can you link some of these reddit complaints I would like to check them out.

Try hard much?

It's a 20 minute long video so I'll save people time; he starts to talk about stutter around the 12:25 mark. That said I personally find stutter to be a quantitative analysis as some people notice it and others don't and if you need a benchmark to show you stutter then is really a problem?

tossing a hissy fit every time someone points out your mistakes is no way to go through life (or post on the internet)
You don't think paying hundreds more for just 1 FPS on average is a good idea? You must be out of your mind.

This CPU is definitely a gamer's dream. It's easy to overclock and relatively cheap, if you are into what it offers. With some tweaking it can offer near 10900k gaming performance.

This CPU is definitely a gamer's dream. It's easy to overclock and relatively cheap, if you are into what it offers. With some tweaking it can offer near 10900k gaming performance.

For a brand new build I agree.

Its just too bad intel couldn't make these socket compatible so you could do drop an upgrade without requiring a brand new board.

Last edited:
Why is it that practically every review out there leaves the 3950X out. Just because it makes Intel's flagship look silly in so many benchmarks? Because Intel slashed prices and nothing matches up?... Funny how when the situation was flipped just a short time ago, all of the top mainstream Intel parts were almost always shown. Just goes to show the stranglehold Intel still somehow has over content like this.

You don't think paying hundreds more for just 1 FPS on average is a good idea? You must be out of your mind.
I know it sounds crazy but that's my opinion. I'm also shocked the Intel i5 6c/12t CPU is really just intended for web browsing. I don't know how to break the news to the dual core mediatek special in my six year old tablet it can't browse the web anymore.

Why is it that practically every review out there leaves the 3950X out. Just because it makes Intel's flagship look silly in so many benchmarks? Because Intel slashed prices and nothing matches up?... Funny how when the situation was flipped just a short time ago, all of the top mainstream Intel parts were almost always shown. Just goes to show the stranglehold Intel still somehow has over content like this.

Because it makes no sense to add it in this price bracket?

This review is about a specific processor and its rivals in that same pricing area. And I'm fairly certain tech spot chooses what processors they add to their own reviews.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe techspot didn't have any of these bugs or stuttering issues on their test rig?

Why do you automatically assume that site is correct and not this one?

And can you link some of these reddit complaints I would like to check them out.

It might well be possible that Techspot did not experience this stutter. I am not accusing them of deliberately misleading. However, I do trust digital foundry over techspot generally. Just from my experience and from watching and reading content from both sites, DF are far more in depth and their testing is more comprehensive. I’m not saying Techspot don’t do a lot of work either. In DFs credit, they did manage to demonstrate via frame times why Ryzen stutters. They didn’t just say it, they proved it.

To find Ryzen stuttering issues in reddit just google it. When I did there were several pages of results. When I searched the very top result was this one;

All I am doing here is calling out inconsistency between reviewers. I certainly don’t think DF are lying and I am inclined to believe that Techspot also not hiding anything.

I personally do feel that the difference in gaming for users is better portrayed in DF than it is in Techspots reviewing.

It might well be possible that Techspot did not experience this stutter. I am not accusing them of deliberately misleading. However, I do trust digital foundry over techspot generally. Just from my experience and from watching and reading content from both sites, DF are far more in depth and their testing is more comprehensive. I’m not saying Techspot don’t do a lot of work either. In DFs credit, they did manage to demonstrate via frame times why Ryzen stutters. They didn’t just say it, they proved it.

To find Ryzen stuttering issues in reddit just google it. When I did there were several pages of results. When I searched the very top result was this one;

All I am doing here is calling out inconsistency between reviewers. I certainly don’t think DF are lying and I am inclined to believe that Techspot also not hiding anything.

I personally do feel that the difference in gaming for users is better portrayed in DF than it is in Techspots reviewing.

That reddit post is lacking in any kinda of details.

There is no games posted very title details about the system being used.

One other guy says he is getting it in GTA V the next says its a bug in the game. Another guy says he turned on high performance profile and it stopped?

How do we know these users even know how to setup their systems properly.

These post aren't an indication of anything other than user error no details posted onhow to create said stutters, and none of this verified by a 3rd party.

Sorry but this is not enough to validate your point.

Back