Intel fan blades are touching the heatsink when case on its side (rotor is loose) any fix?

I have an intel CPU stock fan. a while ago I started to hear a rattling noise and this noise doesn't go away until I tilt my case 30 degrees on its side > (CPU fan forward).

so I opened my case, put it on its side >(backward) and I've noticed that fan blades are kinda touching the heat sink slightly, when I spin it by hand it doesn't spin freely and makes a rattling sound due to the contact its making with the heatsink. it looks like the impeller that holds the fan blades up is kinda loose.

however when the case on its feet the fan spins freely by hand. but when my PC is powered on after a while I hear this rattling noise, doesn't go unless I tilt the case.

so my question is..
1- does tiling the case consider to be a permanent solution for the noise? or it will come back again and get worse?. it has been two days since I titled my case and no noise until now..

2- is there any fix for that problem except replacing the fan? oiling it maybe?, or oiling the fan has nothing to do with the rotor being loose?.. recently I've replaced lots of things, so I'm looking for a different solution.

If I were you, I would simply replace the fan and be done with it. It's not going to get better by itself.

Thanks for responding.. the thing is that aftermarket coolers here are expensive, and its hard to find intel stock cooler, but eventually I guess I have no other option but to replace it..

I just want to know something.. if I bought a new cpu cooler I'm thinking of making use of my old one by fixing it on the GPU (even my gpu fans are going bad).. I have Gigabyte H61m-S2p. so my question is.. can I plug the 4 pin cpu to my 3 pin sysfan on the motherboard and control the speed? or it will run at full?

I've never tried that myself so I don't know for sure but I wouldn't advise doing it that way although you can do whatever you want, of course. The graphics card and the CPU heat up at different rates and times because the demands on them are different and the motherboard would be blind to the needs of the graphics card. So if you have a GPU fan (formerly the old CPU fan) connected to the CPU MB pins the MB would still think it is the CPU fan. The graphics card should have its own temperature sensors and fan pins which would control the GPU fan speed but I don't think they are compatible with CPU or system fan pin connectors. In short, I don't think it would work the way you would like it to.

The system fan connectors, even if they did work, would not likely cool the CPU adequately as they have no way to properly respond to the cooling needs of the CPU. Besides it would be only a matter of time before the old fan started making noise again or fail altogether.

Back