Intel H55HC, i5-650, DVI-D, 4.8 Win. Users experience?

jsmileb

I am running an Intel H55HC motherboard with an i5-650 processor, using the on-processor graphics I get a 4.8 Windows User Experience rating using the DVI-D video connection. When I was running an ATI 1950 Pro graphics card, I was hitting 5.9. Is 4.8 about the best you can get with the onboard graphics? I want to use the onboard or on-processor graphics for the HDMI connection. I have installed the latest driver.

4.8, (Windows Aero), is the same number I pull from an i3-530 / H-55 Gigabyte combination. The gaming score is a bit higher @ 5.2. That said, the earlier Intel GMA-4500, (P41 chipset IGP), only made 3.5, Aero & Games). So, the "Core i" graphics are indeed quite an improvement, at least for HTPC work.

The "Core i" CPUs will run hi-def content successfully, and that was the design objective. The ability to run "Crysis", likely never came up as an outcome.

These new CPU integrated graphics were never intended to put ATI or Nvidia out of business, and without a doubt, they never will.

I thought that the "Windows Experience Rating", was independent of whichever digital connection you were using. You should receive the same rating, regardless of whether you're using HDMI, DVI, or even "Display Port". There's not much to any video bandwidth difference between DVI and HDMI, but HDMI collaterally carries 7 channel sound, as well as the picture. Incidentally, the sound co-driver is incorporated into the video graphics driver, for this very reason.

Back