Intel Screen Takes Forever! Any Help Appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

weslstan

Hello,
I have no problems with my pc what so ever up until a few weeks ago.

When I turn my pc on It stays on this screen for upto 5 mins sometimes.

Its fine after that, it loads the login screen and then it loads the desktop fine.
And I have basically no startup programs so i know its not that.

I was just wondering what it could be and if theres any way of speeding it up.

Thanks,
Wes.

personally i'd make sure drivers are up to date, scan for viruses and malware and run CCleaner :)

you can get spybot, ad-aware, avg and CCleaner off download.com as far as i know

Ahh yeah Im aware of all that, I run:

Ccleaner
AVG
Lavasoft Adware

And that just helps to make the pc run faster but it doesnt make it quicker at the boot screen.

I dont know what else it could be.

What drivers should i look to update?

Can you deselect the Splash Screen in bios?

Do you have a Quick Boot setting in bios? Selected?

I don't do emails and pms; sorry. Bios access and settings should be in your users manual. If you do not have one, download one. If you do not know where to get it, describe your computer THOROUGHLY. If you cannot, then:

Download and run Everest Home (it is free):

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181

Once you download it, click on it and let it install and then run it from the icon on your desktop and then click on 'Computer' then on 'Summary', then go to the VERY top of the screen and click on 'report', then 'quick report-summary' and then 'plain text' and save it then go to C:/programs/lavalys and open that folder then open Everest Home sub-folder and then reports sub-folder and click on the report.

This will open it in a text editor (probably Notepad) and then use your mouse to highlight ALL the debug stuff at the bottom of the report and delete it and then save that file again and then copy and paste it to here.

MSI K8N Neo4 Series

edit later: meant reference to 915P Neo - to many windows open and too few brains

You go to the MSI site, you find the K8N Neo4 motherboard, you download the manual, you read it.

:)

Ok cct I appreciate youre help.

I have gone into bios and the quick boot setting is already enabled, so ir eally dont understand why it can be so slow.

You may have a rootkit infestation or something.

Start a new thread in Spyware and mention slow boot and odd splash screen - gl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back