Interesting problem with Z97 board, broke 2 USB DVD roms

Hi, I need some help hope you expert can help. I will be describing all my problems so that you know what is going on.

I got a new board , not because I think expensive boards are faster but I needed ports , so Z97 intel it is . Specifically AsRock Z97 Extreme 4.
So far so good

Now I need to install a fresh windows , internet claims that it can not be done when you change motherboard , but I did it , and it worked after hours of frustration since I couldn't load DVD with drivers, my External DVD rom was no recognized .and didnt have internet drivers . MacBook Pro , didnt help at all, downloaded drivers with it but was unable to transfer them to the USB stick. So I somehow managed to get internet going after visiting a friend with a PC and USB stick and since then everything was nice .
So far so Good.

But still no DVD player ( Transcendent x8 DVD ROM to be specific )
Finally I opened BIOS to see , and there you go , my External DVD Rom is nowhere to be seen .
That is the problem . Since I borrowed it to a friend of mine I supposed he broke it . To check it out I used office PC to test it , same windows message " Hardware not recognized ", angry I rushed to the friend claiming that he broke it ,and he was kind enough to give me his own and test mine on his PC. Mine was not working with same message , not recognized . His was working perfectly .
So I went home to re install windows with his external USB ROM. Plugged it in , there are 2 USB connectors , I plugged in both . And same message . NOT RECOGNIZED in windows , in BIOS there is nothing .
And CHECK THIS OUT , I go back to my friend , he tried his working External DVD ROM and its not working any more , with same message , NOT RECOGNIZED" in windows .
SO , on H81 chipset that I had before , DVD player was working , now on Z97 , the best chip set not only that it is not working , it brakes ever External DVD ROm I plug in it .
What is the problem here , how is this possible .

MY PC specs are here :
WIn7 64bit
CPU Pentium G 3258
Gtx950 GPU
6Gigs RAM 4+2, 2 sticks
HDDS : 2 in raid Maxtor 500GB, making it 1TB raid 0, and Seagete ES 1TB
SSD: 64GB and 120GB , so all in all 5 drives .
PSU is SuperFlower 500W , since all my components are energy efficient that cant be the problem .
How do I solve this , I already broke 2 DVD roms with it , external USB ones . Doesn't recognize them in BIOS and after I plug them in they are undetectable on any PC . I never heard or encountered this problem .
I know about hardware updates , and that old hardware support is going out always, but those USB ROMs were working on new chip set , H81 intel , on my PC and friends .
After plugging it in to AsRock Z97 Extreme 4 they are undetectable by any system running Windows 7 64bit ,

Please , I tried changing USB setting s in BIOS , nothing , And I can understand that old DVD players are not compatible any more ,but why destroy them . IS that a fault of the board and chip set Z97 or what . Any input is appreciated . Everything else works great on the board .Thanks

Back