Intermittent BSOD Problem on New Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! My problem is that my computer will suddenly BSOD. The problem usually occurs when I am browsing web pages, though no specific page in general.

This first lead me to believe that the problem was being caused by a defective Ethernet port, but a bandwidth meter shows that I am running at an acceptable speed for my connection rate.

A glance at my Event Log pointed to a possible error in my TCPIP.sys file (which I had previously modified). After restoring the backup version, I am still having the problem.

I recently reformatted my computer and started completely fresh, but the problem persists. Any help would be appreciated.

I know that dump logs are helpful in such a case, so you will find 8 dumps attached below.

Chris

All bar one of the crashes were caused by Zonealarm. Uninstall Zonealarm and see if the crashes stop. Use the Windows firewall for the time being.

BugCheck C2, {7, cd4, 2060001, 88b34b28}
Probably caused by : vsdatant.sys ( vsdatant+450c1 ) <-- Zonealarm.
Image name: vsdatant.sys Timestamp: Thu Nov 15 07:43:05 2007 (473B79F9)

That is wonderful news! I will uninstall Zonealarm immediately.

I'm guessing that one that wasn't caused by Zonealarm didn't have enough information? Else it probably would have also been ZA? :)

Oh, during the course of my Google-search I ran across some people saying that the problem could be memory related. I ran memtest for 24 hours, and it came back with a single error. Is that acceptable? I'm not sure if one error is usually significant enough to cause system instability.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back