Intermittent Connection Integrated RJ45 Ports

Setfree

T610 Poweredge dual boot 64 Bit Mint 19/Windows 10. Connection issue happens both in Windows & Mint, on either of the integrated RJ45 ports. If I use the same network cable on a laptop, I never have the issue. As of right now, I am connected on the T610. Any help is appreciated.

Possible bad NIC or motherboard since it happens in either OS. You would need to test with some other hardware to verify. Like a USB to ethernet adapter.

No longer having issues with Mint 19 connecting on the Integrated RJ45 Ports, however intermittently (but more then I care) Win 10 shows the globe icon in tray after finishing boot. But looking at the link lights shows I am connected, yet ipconfig shows "Media Disconnected". Troubleshooter says a network cable needs to be connected but obviously it is. Rebooting to Mint...no issues. Reboot to Win 10, back in business. All I have seen are workarounds on the net. Anyone have a fix?

I just had a customer in here with a Dell 13" laptop that had this issue and we never solved it. We tried resetting the network stack and flushing the DNS cache. It is working for the most part but it does go down (We can't ping anything when it goes down, because it says we are disconnected) and the connection 'World' Icon says we are disconnected 100% of the time, even when we can surf the Internet. Very strange indeed!. This was on a WIFI that works fine in my office where I repair PCs. This little laptop only has Wifi.

I just had a customer in here with a Dell 13" laptop that had this issue and we never solved it. We tried resetting the network stack and flushing the DNS cache. It is working for the most part but it does go down (We can't ping anything when it goes down, because it says we are disconnected) and the connection 'World' Icon says we are disconnected 100% of the time, even when we can surf the Internet. Very strange indeed!. This was on a WIFI that works fine in my office where I repair PCs. This little laptop only has Wifi.
Thanks Kshipper. Sounds like a combo Dell/Microsoft "Feature".

Back