Internet Connection Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok today i have received my toshiba labtop. I tried to get a wireless coneection on it..But my modem has been locked! I ask my dad if he setted a password..he said no and doesnt know anything about computers..so im wondering hackers took over my modem and setted thier own password..because before it wasnt protected and i think thats how it got stolen..so can any one help?

-please and thank you.

Please download the modem's user manual

Use the manual's default username and password (found in the manual)
Check all settings

wireless setup ALWAYS is performed from a wired connection.

this allows the config to be setup (including password for the config and the encryption key for the wireless).

be more specific; your system is a direct connection to the ISP modem or is there a router?

kimsland said:
Please download the modem's user manual

Use the manual's default username and password (found in the manual)
Check all settings

can you tell me i can download it and how to set my own password?

Please put your System Specs in your Profile

If you have a proprietory computer like Dell; HP; Acer etc, please manually write this in the mobo field (ie Dell Dimension 3100 - as an example)

Waiting for specs ...

edit:

Sorry I need the specs for the modem as well
And as Jobeard says, also the router (or any other device attached as well)

khmaiguy01 said:
Ok today i have received my toshiba labtop. I tried to get a wireless coneection on it..But my modem has been locked! I ask my dad if he setted a password..he said no and doesnt know anything about computers..so im wondering hackers took over my modem and setted thier own password..because before it wasnt protected and i think thats how it got stolen..so can any one help?

-please and thank you.

you should try to reset your modem,
If you don't have a password set on your wireless modem.. you should reset the modem and set one up. Second, If anyone has vista and is using your router, by default windows vista will automatically secure the modem while vista is using the modem.... and will ask for password if anyone else tries to hop on..

So, bottom line.....set a password on your wireless modem.. and you won't have to worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back